Zuora supports the following Chase Orbital payment gateway integration versions:
- Chase Paymentech Orbital Gateway - the latest version
- Chase Paymentech Orbital Gateway, API v7.0.1
Zuora does not support version 6.3.0 or version 6.4.4 any longer. You cannot create new Orbital gateway instances of either of these versions, but existing instances in your Zuora tenant continue to work.
The following table provides a quick reference for the supported features. For details about each feature, see the later sections in this article.
|Feature||Chase Paymentech Orbital
|Chase Paymentech Orbital 7.0.1||Orbital 6.4.4||Orbital 6.3.0|
|Supported payment methods||
|Supported payment operations||
Validate, Payment, Payment cancel/void, Referenced refund, Non-referenced refund
Non-referenced refund is only supported for Credit Cards, CC Ref Transactions, Debit Cards, and ACH.
|Support 3D Secure 2.0||Yes||No||No||No|
|Support Delayed Capture||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Support Level 2 and Level 3 card data||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Support stored credential transactions||Yes||No||No||No|
|Support Gateway Options fields||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Chase Orbital production endpoint used for Zuora gateway integration service||
|Support Gateway Reconciliation||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Chase Orbital production endpoint used for Gateway Reconciliation service||
|Support Payment Method Updater||Yes (Visa, MasterCard)|
|Chase Orbital production endpoint used for PMU service||
|AVS/CVV Filtering (Zuora)||No||No||No||Yes|
Supported payment methods
The Chase Orbital payment gateway integration supports the following payment methods:
- Apple Pay - Apple Pay is available for Chase Paymentech Orbital and Chase Paymentech Orbital 7.0.1.
- Credit Card/Prepaid Card/Gift Card, including:
- American Express
- Credit Card Reference Transactions - Not available for Orbital 6.3.0.
- Debit Card (using Debit Card networks) - Canadian PAD is not supported.
- Google Pay - Google Pay is available only for Chase Paymentech Orbital. To set up and use a Google Pay payment method, follow the instructions in Set up Google Pay on Chase.
- Safetech Fraud and Security - Not available for Orbital 6.3.0.
- SEPA - Not available for Orbital 6.3.0.
- UK Direct Debit - Not available for Orbital 6.3.0.
For more information about setting up payment methods in Zuora, see Define and set up payment methods.
Credit Card Reference Transactions
Complete the following prerequisites for credit card reference transactions:
- Enable the credit card reference transaction method of payment. To complete this action, click your username at the top right, navigate to Settings > Payments > Payment Method, click Edit, and select CC Reference Transaction.
- Contact Zuora Global Support to enable the Payment Tokenization feature for your tenant.
Zuora supports Orbital tokens. Tokens are used for credit card reference transactions in Zuora. A reference transaction is simply a representation of a credit card payment method without having sensitive payment method information like the credit card number stored in Zuora. Please note that the token cannot be used with another gateway, which is why we recommend storing credit card information in Zuora whenever possible.
Currently, only existing Chase Orbital Payment Gateway tokens are supported as a Credit Card Reference Transaction payment method type. Creating tokens in Zuora is not supported.
Support for 3D Secure 2.0
Support for Delayed Capture
The Delayed Capture feature allows you to authorize the availability of funds for a transaction but delay the capture of funds until a later time. Chase Paymentech Orbital supports Delayed Capture for Credit Card and Google Pay payment methods, which involves the use of the following API operations:
Zuora also supports capturing authorizations that were generated externally to call Zuora's Create authorization API operation.
Support for Level 2 and Level 3 card data processing
The Chase Orbital payment gateway integration supports processing Level 2 and Level 3 credit card data. For more information, see the following articles:
Support for stored credential profiles
The Chase Orbital payment gateway integration includes support for the Stored Credential Transactions framework. For details about the supported payment methods, see Support for stored credential transactions overview.
Support for Gateway Reconciliation
Chase Orbital gateway integration supports the following Gateway Reconciliation event types for Credit Card payment reconciliation:
The Payment Chargeback and Refund Settlement/Rejection event types are not supported.
For more information about enabling and configuring the Gateway Reconciliation service, see the following articles:
Support for Payment Method Updater
Zuora is pre-integrated with Chase NCB Account Updater service. To set up the Chase PMU service in Zuora, see Configure Chase Payment Method Updater for more information.
Supported Gateway Options fields
You can submit additional information to the Chase Orbital gateway by using Gateway Options fields. For details about the fields supported by the Chase Orbital payment gateway integration, see Gateway Options Fields supported by Orbital Gateway integration.
The following Gateway Reconciliation event types are not supported by Zuora's implementation with the Chase Orbital gateway:
- Refund reconciliation
- The chargeback event type of payment reconciliation