Set up and configure an Opayo Direct gateway instance
Set up and configure an Opayo Direct gateway instance by using the information in this article, including prerequisites, configuration procedure, descriptions of the configuration fields, and reference for testing the payment gateway.
Register IP addresses
The Opayo Direct gateway requires adding Zuora EU or US Cloud Data Center outbound IP addresses to the whitelist for each of your gateway merchant accounts, depending on which data center your tenant is located at. These Zuora IP addresses are used as part of a verification process for the Opayo Direct gateway to ensure that transactions are from a recognized source.
Therefore, before you start using this gateway on Zuora EU or US Cloud Data Center, you must add Zuora EU or US Cloud Data Center outbound IP addresses to the gateway's whitelist for both Zuora Sandbox and Production environments so that they can work properly. For more information about the Zuora EU or US Cloud Data Center outbound IP addresses, see Outbound IP Addresses Whitelisting.
To register IP addresses in Elavon Opayo Direct:
- Access the Opayo Direct merchant account through Sign in to MySagePay.
- Navigate to the merchant account and click the Settings tab.
- Click Valid IPs in the left navigation pane.
- Click Add in the lower right of the window, add the IP information, and complete the IP address registration.
Enable Opayo Direct gateway integration
The Opayo Direct gateway integration is in the Early Adopter phase. To enable this integration, submit a request at Zuora Global Support.
Take the followiing steps to create and configure an Opayo Direct gateway instance in Zuora:
- Navigate to Settings > Payments > Setup Payment Gateway.
- Select Opayo Direct from the Gateway Type drop-down menu.
- Click Create Gateway.
- On the gateway settings page, specify values for the configuration fields, and then click Save Gateway Information. For details about the fields, see "Configuration fields" in the following section.
Common configuration fields
There are some common fields you must configure for every gateway instance. Review Setting Up Payment Gateways for information about the following common configuration fields and complete your configuration:
- Use Gateway Test Environment
- Cards Accepted
- Default Authorization Amount: The value of this field must be greater than 0.
- Verify new payment method (optional)
- Verify updated payment method (optional)
Specific configuration fields
In addition to the common fields, the following credentials provided by Opayo must be configured:
- Vendor Name
When a merchant account is set up with the Opayo Direct gateway, a vendor name is assigned by the gateway. The vendor name is a mixture of alphanumeric characters without spaces or special characters. The vendor name is sent in the transaction registration post and is used by Opayo Direct gateway to identify the account through which the transaction will be processed. Without this value, the gateway cannot identify the correct account and therefore cannot process transactions.
- User Name
The username created for the merchant account when setting it up with the Opayo Direct gateway. This field is used to authenticate your account.
The password was created for the merchant account when setting it up with the Opayo Direct gateway. This field is used to authenticate your account.
Additional Opayo merchant account settings
The following merchant account settings are disabled by default, and cannot be configured through the Opayo console. These settings need to be enabled by Opayo Support.
- Support for Additional Card Types (American Express, Discover)
- Configuration of the merchant account to the desired currency
To enable these settings, make your request through support@Opayo.com.
Test the configuration
We recommend that you test your payment gateway using both your payment gateway's test and production (live) environments. Once you have completed testing in the gateway's test environment, it is recommended that you perform a test in your live production environment with a real credit card. If there are any differences in the configuration of your testing and production accounts, testing in production ensures your production merchant account is set up properly and can successfully connect to the production environment.
You can use the test card information and testing scenarios provided by the gateway vendor to test your integration. For more information, see the following Opayo’s documentation: