Troubleshoot Qvalent Quick gateway errors
For failed payments processed using the Qvalent QuickGateway payment gateway, Zuora will provide the gateway Response Reason Code (for example, 44) and Response Reason Text (for example, This transaction has been declined).
To find more information on Qvalent QuickGateway payment gateway errors:
- Look up the transaction by the transaction ID number (in the Zuora payment detail page, this is the Reference ID and Secondary Reference ID numbers) in your merchant account to see if more information is provided; often you will see more than just the response (reasons) code and response message in Zuora.
- If you require additional information, contact Qvalent QuickGateway Support. Be sure to have the following information available:
- Your Qvalent QuickGateway Account’s Gateway ID number. This is required for them to support you and log a case.
- The name of business (your company name).
- The name, email address, and phone number of the person requesting support (that is, your name, email address, and phone).
- The Transaction ID (in Z-Payments, this is the Reference ID) for the failed payment.
We recommend that you check the payment in Zuora to see how many times the same payment method has been retried for payment and failed. If there have been several retries, check the error messages from the beginning with the first failure and the more recent failures to determine if the error message is the same. If a merchant tries to process a payment against the same credit card too many times despite receiving errors, this could trigger warnings to the card issuing bank. The card issuing bank may place an alert on the account and not allow any further transactions from the merchant using that payment method. When a mechant has been flagged, the error received on the payment may be not state the reason why, instead it might be a generic error such as 2 - Declined. In this case, the merchant (Zuora customer) should work with their merchant acquirer/processor to see if they can identify the problem with the payment method. If the processor does not know, then the merchant and/or the card holder can try calling their card issuing bank to look into the issue