Set up and configure a SlimPay payment gateway instance
Set up and configure a SlimPay payment gateway instance by using the information in this article, including prerequisites, configuration procedure, descriptions of the configuration fields, and reference for testing the payment gateway.
You will need to obtain the following information from SlimPay before configuring the SlimPay payment gateway in Zuora:
- App ID: This ID is the username to access SlimPay's APIs.
- App Secret: The password for the App ID.
- Creditor Reference: This is the unique identifier of a merchant/partner within SlimPay's application.
- Label: The soft descriptors that will be added to the Payment call to the gateway.
Perform the following steps to set up and configure a SlimPay payment gateway instance in Zuora:
- Click your username in the upper right and navigate to Settings > Payments > Setup Payment Gateway.
- Select SlimPay from the Gateway Type drop-down list.
- Click Create Gateway.
- On the gateway settings page, specify values for the configuration fields. See below for more information on the fields.
- Click Save Gateway Information.
Common configuration fields
There are some common fields you must complete for every gateway configuration. We recommend reviewing Setting Up Payment Gateways for information on these fields:
- Use Gateway Test Environment
- Default Authorization Amount, Verify new payment method, and Verify updated payment method can be ignored for SlimPay
- Enable Reconciliation: Triggers a daily job to reconcile all payment events processed through the gateway.
Specific configuration fields
In addition to the common fields, you must provide the required information to configure the SlimPay gateway in Zuora.
- App ID
- App Secret
- Creditor Reference
- Label: Enter the necessary soft descriptors. This field is only accessible through the gateway configuration page.
Test the configuration
We recommend that you test your payment gateway using both your payment gateway's test and production (live) environments. Once you have completed testing in the gateway's test environment, it is recommended that you perform a test in your live production environment with a real credit card. If there are any differences in the configuration of your testing and production accounts, testing in production ensures your production merchant account is set up properly and can successfully connect to the production environment.
You can use the test card information and testing scenarios provided by the gateway vendor to test your integration. See SlimPay's documentation for details.