To comply with the Stored Credential Transactions (SCTs) framework, Zuora has provided support for SCTs for specific payment methods and payment gateways since 2019. By following the instructions in this configuration procedure, you can create and manage stored credential profiles within payment methods.
When creating a payment method, if you do not implement the support for SCTs on the payment method, the payment method will be created without the stored credential profile.
For payment methods created before Zuora released the support for SCTs, if you have not implemented Zuora's SCTs support on these payment methods, the payment methods do not have stored credential profiles within them.
Zuora supports stored credential transactions for the following types of payment methods:
- Credit Card
- Apple Pay - Support for stored credential transactions for Apple Pay is only available on the CyberSource Payment API v2.0 gateway integration.
For the supported card brands on the specific payment gateway integrations, see Payment gateways in the following section.
The following gateway integrations in Zuora support stored credential transactions.
- Chase Orbital Gateway integration supports both recurring and unscheduled stored credential transactions. The other integrations support only recurring stored credential transactions.
- CyberSource v2.0 integration supports stored credential transactions for both Credit Card and Apple Pay payment methods. The other integrations support stored credential transactions only for Credit Card payment methods.
If you use a gateway that is not in the preceding table, Zuora will process payments as usual, but the payments will not comply with the Stored Credential Transaction framework.
Stored credential profiles
Zuora supports the following types of stored credential profiles:
- Recurring profile: Indicates that you have obtained the customer’s consent to initiate future transactions at regular intervals.
- Unscheduled profile: Indicates that you have obtained the customer’s consent to initiate future transactions that do not occur on scheduled or regularly occurring transaction dates. Only one Unscheduled profile is allowed for each payment method. Currently, the Unscheduled profile is only supported in Chase Orbital Gateway integration.
When configuring your Zuora tenant, the goal is to contain an Active stored credential profile for the payment methods created on the preceding gateway instances.
Currently, the following limitations are applicable to the support for stored credential transactions:
- The stored credential profile with the “Unscheduled” type is only supported for Chase Orbital Gateway integration.
- The transactions through the payment methods created using the following API operations are not stored credential transactions by default:
For general information about Visa's Stored Credential Transaction framework, see Visa's guidance for merchants.