The Self-Service Refresh feature allows Central Sandbox administrators to refresh data on a Central Sandbox tenant with one click.
To enable and use the Self-Service Refresh feature, take the following process:
- Tenant administrator: Specify users with the Refresh Central Sandbox role.
- Users with the Refresh Central Sandbox role: Refresh Central Sandbox tenant data, and track the status of the refresh job.
This feature is only available in the Production environment.
Tenant administrator: Assign Refresh Central Sandbox role to users
The following actions are required from tenant administrators:
- Submit a request at Zuora Global Support to enable the Central Sandbox Admin permission for your Production tenant if this permission is not enabled for your tenant yet.
- Create a Refresh Central Sandbox user role. See Create a custom user role for more information. The key point is to select the Refresh Central Sandbox check box in the Platform Permissions section for the new role.
The Refresh Central Sandbox permission is enabled for all tenant administrators by default. If the Central Sandbox Admin permission is not enabled for your tenant, you cannot see the Refresh Central Sandbox permission when creating a user role.
- Assign the created Refresh Central Sandbox role to an existing user, or create a new user with the Refresh Central Sandbox role. See Assign the custom role to a user for more information.
All production tenant users enabled with Central Sandbox Admin permission can access the Test Environments page and view the progress of jobs on the Central Sandbox Refresh Jobs page, but only the users with the Refresh Central Sandbox role can refresh Central Sandbox tenants.
Later, users with the Refresh Central Sandbox role can log into the Production environment and refresh Central Sandbox tenant data. See the following section for details.
Refresh Central Sandbox users: Refresh Central Sandbox tenant data
Refresh tenant data
As a user with the Refresh Central Sandbox role, you can take the following steps to refresh your Central Sandbox tenant. A Central Sandbox tenant can be refreshed once every 29 days.
- Log into your Production environment of Zuora as a Central Sandbox administrator.
- Navigate to Administration > Test Environments in the left navigation menu.
- Find the tenant in the Active status for which you want to refresh data, and click the tenant ID. The Central Sandbox Refresh Jobs page is then displayed.
- Click the New Refresh button to start a refresh. A Central Sandbox tenant can be refreshed once every 29 days. This button is disabled if you are not eligible to start a refresh.
Track refresh progress
To track the progress of the refresh job or view job histories, click the tenant ID on the Tenants page. Then the Central Sandbox Refresh Jobs page is displayed.
This page displays the following information:
- Tenant ID - The ID of the tenant.
- Tenant Type - Specifies that the tenant is a Central Sandbox tenant.
- Data Export Date - The cutoff date before which the data is guaranteed to be exported from the Production environment and available in your Central Sandbox based on your last completed refresh.
- Next Refresh Available - The date on which the next refresh will be available. Refreshes are available every 29 days. If a job is still in progress, this field does not have a value.
- Last Refreshed - The time of last refresh of the Central Sandbox and the user who performed the refresh.
The key fields displayed in the Refresh Log table include:
- Job ID - The unique refresh job ID.
The following table provides all status of a job and the corresponding description:
Job Status Description New The Refresh job has been submitted by a user and is ready to be processed. Queued The Refresh job is ready to be processed but has not started. Initiated The Refresh job begins to be processed. Provisioning The Provisioning sub-job is running. Deprovisioning Exporting The Exporting sub-job is running. Scrubbing The Scrubbing sub-job is running. Resetting The Scrubbing sub-job is running. Importing The Importing sub-job is running. Finalizing The Finalizing sub-job is running to check for failures. Cancelling The Refresh job is being cancelled. Completed The Refresh job has completed. Failed The Refresh job failed. Cancelled The Refresh job has been cancelled.
- Progress - The Progress bar displays the percentage of completion and the Estimated Time of Completion (ETC) of the job.
- Duration - Displays the total amount of time it took for the job to complete, fail, or be cancelled.
- Export Date - Data on or before this date is guaranteed to be exported from the Production environment and will be available in your Central Sandbox. This date is always one day earlier than the refresh start date. The time zone of the Refresh Start time is UTC, which is the time when your refresh request is submitted. Some data on the refresh start date might also get copied, but it might not be the complete data for that day.
- Refreshed By - Indicates who initiated the refresh. If the refresh was done via self-service, it displays the name of the user who initiated the refresh. If the refresh was initiated by Zuora Global Support, this field displays System.
- Refresh End - Indicates when the refresh job ended.
The Cancel button on each job allows you to cancel the refresh once it has begun. Cancellation can be made only until the reset stage is reached. After the reset stage, it is not possible to cancel the refresh.