Welcome to the release notes for Zuora Release 2022.08.R1. This article is a consolidated page of all release notes for the following Zuora products:
For the latest release notes of Zuora Revenue, see Zuora Revenue release notes.
We welcome and appreciate your feedback on this release notes article. Please use the Feedback button to let us know what you think about the new release notes.
For release schedule details, see this release notification.
For the planned schedule of upcoming Zuora releases, see Zuora Release Management in Zuora Community.
Join Release Notifications in Zuora Community to receive timely notifications about Zuora Billing, Collect, and Central Platform.
Invoicing and Tax
Reinvented invoice details page
From this release, the reinvented invoice details page is introduced to the Zuora UI with the following highlights:
- Multi-section page with a new look and feel for efficiency to use
- Existing functions in the previous UI smoothly retained
- Functional enhancements to improve customer experience
The reinvented invoice details page is in the Beta phase. We will be releasing the reinvented invoice details page to Sandbox tenants gradually, and it will not be deployed to Production environments until further notice. If you have any further questions or feedback, fill out this form.
The Beta release is only available if you have Invoice Settlement enabled and Data Access Control disabled.
To disable the reinvented invoice details page for individual users, edit the user profile to clear the Enable New Zuora Experience setting. Note that the reinvented list views will also be disabled. To disable the reinvented invoice details page across all users within a tenant, contact Zuora Global Support.
Details about the functional enhancements in each section are as follows.
The overview section on the top of the invoice details page has the following enhancements:
- You can now view the status of the invoice next to the invoice number.
- You can click the feedback icon next to the invoice status to submit your feedback on the reinvented invoice details page.
- The fields and buttons in this section are visible based on invoice status, defined billing rules, and user permissions. Inapplicable fields and buttons are not displayed.
- The Created field has replaced the previous Created Date and Created By fields to present the creation information about this invoice.
- The Last Modified field has replaced the previous Last Modified and Last Modified By fields to present the last modification information about this invoice.
- You can now directly click View Invoice PDF to download the PDF file of the invoice instead of clicking View > Invoice PDF.
Basic Information section
The Basic Information section has the following enhancements:
- The Account field has replaced the previous Customer Account and Account Number fields to present the corresponding customer account information.
- You can now hover over the value link of the Account field to view the key account information in a popup window. You might still click the account link to go to the account details page.
- The Tax Status field has replaced the previous Tax Status and Tax Message fields to present the combined tax status and tax error message.
- The following fields are now available in the Basic Information section:
- Payment Term
- Reversed (available only if you have Invoice Reversal enabled)
Invoice Details section
The Invoice Details section has the following enhancements:
- You can now hover over the discount amount or tax amount to view discount or tax breakdown in a popup window.
- You can now hover over the tax amount in the summary section to view tax details in a popup window.
- The Invoice Comments textbox below the Invoice Details table is moved to the Basic Information section and displayed as the Comments field.
Transaction(s) associated to this Invoice section
The Transaction(s) associated to this Invoice section is now independent of the Invoice Details section and has the following enhancements:
- The Applied Amount column is eliminated from the transactions table.
- The Invoice Balance Impact column is now available to present the changes of invoice balance.
The Attachments section has the following enhancements:
- You can still upload, download, and delete attachment files.
- An attachment details table is now available with the following columns by default:
- Updated On
- Updated By
- You can now add attachment files by clicking the plus (+) icon instead of the previous New Attachment button.
The History section now displays historical information about an invoice in a timeline view.
Reinvented payment details page
From this release, the reinvented payment details page is introduced to the Zuora UI with the following highlights:
- Enhanced the UI for a better user experience
- Optimized the information displayed on the page
- Revamped the Payment Lifecycle feature
The reinvented payment details page is in the Beta phase. We will be releasing the reinvented payment details page to Sandbox tenants gradually, and it will not be deployed to Production environments until further notice.
The Beta release is only available if you have Invoice Settlement enabled.
To disable the reinvented payment details page for individual users, edit the user profile to clear the Enable New Zuora Experience setting. Note that the reinvented list views will also be disabled. To disable the reinvented payment details page across all users within a tenant, contact Zuora Global Support.
Details about the functional enhancements are as follows.
Basic Information and Finance Information sections
The following changes are made to the fields that are displayed in the Basic Information section:
- The Error Message field is added.
- The Accounting Code field is added in the Additional Fields expandable section.
- The Auth Transaction ID, Second Payment Reference ID, Gateway Reconciliation Status, Gateway Reconciliation Reason, Payout Id, and custom fields are removed from the Additional Fields expandable section.
Meanwhile, you can now edit the Basic Information and Finance Information sections by clicking the edit icon on the right side of these two sections. Note that you can still edit the custom fields in the Edit Basic Information window.
Payment Application section
The Payment Application section now supports displaying the subscriptions and invoice items with which the payment is associated. You can click the expand icon of an invoice to view the related subscriptions and invoice items.
Payment Lifecycle section
The Payment Lifecycle section is enhanced to display detailed information about the following events:
- Apply Payment to Invoice
- Unapplied Payment
- Electronic Payment Request
- Electronic Payment Response
The left pane displays the supported events by the time they have happened, and the right pane displays the detailed request or response information of a selected event in JSON.
Zuora Central Platform
New objects in Zuora Secure Data Share for Snowflake
The following objects are now available in Zuora Secure Data Share for Snowflake:
For more information, see Tables and columns available in Snowflake.
Support for cross-cloud and cross-region availability to use Zuora Secure Data Share for Snowflake
We have expanded coverage for Zuora Secure Data Share for Snowflake to any AWS or Azure region supported. Note that in most cases, the latency for Secure Data Share is less than 10 minutes. However, if the number of customers or datasets is large, the latency is 10 - 60 minutes.
Previously, to be eligible to use this feature, your Snowflake customer account had to be located in the same cloud and region as Zuora Snowflake Provider Account for your respective Zuora data center.
Two limitations of this updated availability are as follows:
- Google Cloud Platform is not supported.
- The EU-US data transfer is not possible because of legal restrictions.
Zuora System Health available
Zuora System Health contains dashboards that provide visibility into key metrics on usage, performance, and failures of your Zuora tenant. This feature enables you to monitor and gain insights from key system metrics in real-time. With the data retrieved from the System Health dashboards, you can diagnose issues and take remedial actions efficiently.
We have now released the following six dashboards:
|System Health dashboard||Data contained in the dashboard|
|API||API usage, response time, and failure data at the tenant level|
|Bill Run||The number of Invoices and Credit Memos generated by Bill Run, Billing document generation time, and document generation errors|
|Tax Integration||The number of success and error calls by vendor, performance time by vendor, and errors|
|Electronic Payments||The number of payments processed by payment gateways, payment processing time, and payment errors by payment gateway and payment method|
|Notifications||The number of email and callout notifications, email and callout notification processing time, and errors|
|Subscription Event Gateway||The number of Subscription Event Gateway notifications, Subscription Event Gateway notification processing time, and errors|
System Health will be available only in Production and not in Sandbox.
For a summary of REST API updates and documentation updates in the Zuora API Reference, see 2022 API Changelog.