Welcome to the release notes for Zuora Billing Release 290 (R290), January 2021.
For more information about the release notes of other Zuora products, see Zuora Release Notes.
Subscribe to Release Notifications in Zuora Community to receive notifications about Zuora Billing releases.
See API Changelog for a summary of REST API updates and documentation updates in the Zuora API Reference.
Orders and Subscriptions
Revision field now available on the Subscription object
A new field called Revision is now available on the Subscription object. Revision is an auto-generated decimal value uniquely tagged with a subscription. The value always contains one decimal place, for example, the revision of a new subscription is 1.0. If a further version of the subscription is created, the Revision value will be increased by one. Also, the Revision value is always incremental regardless of the deletion of subscription versions.
You can access the Revision field in the following locations:
Performance improvement for the amendment preview in the Amend action
Zuora has optimized the internal processing algorithm to improve the performance of the amendment preview in the Amend action.
Error type and error message changes for the Update action and CRUD: Update Subscription operation
For better clarity, Zuora has changed the error type of "UNKNOWN_ERROR" to "INVALID_VALUE" and improved the corresponding error messages in the following APIs:
Resolved: Quote generation error during quotes preview in Zuora CPQ
Zuora has resolved an internal processing issue with the Preview order operation to avoid the "Quote generation error" during quotes preview in Zuora CPQ.
Usage and Rating
Account object support in price lookup for the Multi-Attribute Pricing charge model
When creating a product rate plan charge with the Multi-Attribute Pricing charge model, you can now specify a price formula by using the Account object in the
fieldLookup("<object>", "<field>") function.
Supported Account fields include:
- Standard Account object fields:
- All custom fields on the Account object
See Price formula reference for more information.
Invoicing and Invoice Settlement
Support for configuring tax dates for sold-to countries or regions
You can now configure tax dates for each country or region. By default, the tax date for a country or region is set to Document Date.
- If you do not have the Invoice Settlement feature enabled, Document Date defaults the invoice date.
- If you have the Invoice Settlement feature enabled, Document Date defaults the memo date.
With this feature, you can also see any tax date setting changes by using the Audit Trail function.
See Configure tax dates for more information.
Access Worldpay now available
A new Worldpay gateway integration called Access Worldpay is now available in Zuora. It integrates with the Access Worldpay API to provide the following payment operations for Credit Cards and Credit Card Reference payment methods:
- Authorization and verification
- Full and partial payment capture
- Referenced and non-referenced refunds or partial refunds
- Payment cancel (void)
It also supports 3D Secure 2.0 and stored credential transactions.
Two CyberSource PMU fields now required
The following CyberSource Payment Method Updater (PMU) configuration fields are required starting from this release:
- Shared Secret Key Id
- Shared Secret Key
See Configure CyberSource payment method updater for more information.
Stripe v2 now supports ACH Tokenization
The Stripe v2 gateway integration now supports ACH Tokenization. This feature enhances security with end users’ bank account details by tokenizing the information into a single-use token.
See Stripe payment gateway for more information.
Stripe v2 now supports SEPA
The Stripe v2 gateway integration now supports the SEPA payment method. You can use SEPA payment methods to perform the following payment operations:
- Cancel payment
See Stripe payment gateway for more information.
Deprecation of payment exports on the All Payments page
On the All Payments page, Zuora has deprecated the whole Action area in the right panel, including the Export Payments link and Export Credit Balance Transactions link.
Instead, you can navigate to Reporting > Data Sources or Reporting > Exports to export payments.
Reporting and Analytics
New AQuA limits enforced
As of this release, the Zuora system enforces the following AQuA limits:
- The maximum processing time per query is 3 hours. If a query in an AQuA job is executed for longer than 3 hours, this job will be killed automatically.
- The maximum number of stateful or stateless concurrent AQuA jobs per tenant is 50.
See AQuA limits for more information.
New Data Source Export limits enforced
As of this release, the Zuora system enforces the following Data Source Export limits:
- The maximum processing time per export is 3 hours. If an export is executed for longer than 3 hours, it will be killed automatically.
- The maximum number of concurrent exports per tenant is 50.
Zuora Billing UI enhancements
The following changes are available as of this release.
- On the All Refunds page, the actions displayed for refunds in different statuses are now corrected and consistent in the expanded view and in the list view.
- The Cancel action is now available for refunds in Processed status.
- The Delete action is now available for refunds in Cancelled status.
- On the All Subscriptions page, the following changes are made in the expanded view and in the list view:
- The actions displayed for subscriptions in different statuses are now corrected and consistent.
- The Edit action is now available for the subscriptions that are not in Draft status.
- On the New Customer Account page or the account details page, the placeholder text for the State/Province list is now changed to --Select Country First--, and the dropdown list is disabled if the Country field is not specified yet. The change affects the following areas:
- Bill To Contact area
- Sold To Contact area
- Payment Method area: after you select a payment method