Welcome to the release notes for Zuora Billing Release 261 (R261), November 2019. This release includes new Zuora Billing features, enhancements, and resolved issues.
For more information about the release notes of other Zuora products, see Zuora Release Notes.
Subscribe to Release Notifications in Zuora Community to receive notifications about Zuora Billing releases.
See API Changelog for a summary of REST API updates and documentation updates in the Zuora API Reference.
Orders and Subscriptions
Single Transaction Subscribe and Amend now available
This feature is in Limited Availability. If you want to have access to the feature, submit a request at Zuora Global Support.
The migration to full Orders is in Limited Availability. We are actively soliciting feedback from a small set of early adopters before releasing as generally available.
The Single Transaction Subscribe and Amend functionality is now available for Orders with the following new features, behavior changes, and UI changes.
As an Orders customer, the following features are available upon request in your Orders tenant:
- You can now make Subscribe/Amend API calls to create and modify your subscriptions. The result of these calls will generate Orders asynchronously.
- In the UI, you can see a new menu option called Amendments. The menu option displays all the amendments you create and corresponding amendments for Orders created.
- The Amendment object is now available in the following data sources: Usage, Rate Plan Charge, Rate Plan Charge Tier, and Rate Plan.
- The SubscriptionVersionAmendment object is now available in the Subscription data source.
With this functionality enabled, you will experience the following behavior changes:
- For each Create order call, a corresponding Amendment with the type of Composite is generated.
- In regards to Notification events:
- If you use the Subscribe/Amend API, both the Orders related and Subscribe/Amend related notifications are triggered.
- If you use the Orders API, only Orders related notifications are triggered.
With this functionality enabled, you will experience the following UI changes:
- The Amendments menu item is now available within the Customers menu in the left-hand navigation section.
- On the account details page, the Pending Amendments and All Amendments tabs are now available in the Subscriptions & Amendments area.
- On the All Subscriptions page, the Export Orders link has been removed from the Action section.
- On the subscription details page, if historical data migration has been performed on your tenant, a button called Retry is available for migrating that subscription.
- The Version field on the Subscription page displays the change history of a subscription, and the order or amendment that leads to the change.
- On the Exports page, the Orders Zip item has been removed from the Export Data drop-down list.
Index Join supported in Data Query
You can now use Index Join in data queries. See Use Index Join for more information.
Reporting and Analytics
Changes to the descriptions of TCB and ELP standard reports
The descriptions of the following standard reports have changed:
- Booking > Outcomes > Total Contracted Billing (TCB)
- Booking > Outcomes > Total Extended List Price (ELP)
In the descriptions of these standard reports, "as of today" has been corrected to "for all time". For more information about standard reports, see Standard Reports.