In a hold setup, if the Allow Manual Apply switch is toggled to Yes, this hold can be manually applied. You can manually apply a hold to a specific RC on the Revenue Contract Detail page or apply a hold in a batch action.
Manually apply a hold to a specific RC
Complete the following steps to manually apply a hold to a specific RC:
- Navigate to Workbench > Revenue Contracts.
- Search for the target revenue contract.
- In the search result, hover the mouse over the target line and click the View Revenue Contract icon . The Revenue Contract Detail page is displayed.
- To apply a hold to the RC or to apply a hold to multiple POBs or lines, complete the following steps:
- Click the menu icon next to Switch to POB and then click Apply/Release Holds.
- In the Apply/Release Holds window, select Apply Hold as the hold method.
- In the Hold Level field, select the appropriate hold level. The Hold Name drop-down list is automatically populated based on your selection.
- To apply a hold to all lines in the RC, select the appropriate hold for the Hold Name field, provide hold comments, and then click Apply Hold. The hold is applied to all lines in this RC.
- To apply a hold to more than one POB or line in the RC, select the appropriate hold name, and click Search to specify the criteria to identify the target POBs or lines within this RC.
- After you specify the search criteria, click Apply Filters. The Filters window is closed.
- Click Update Data. The search criteria are applied and the eligible POBs or lines are listed.
- Select the checkbox for the POB or line and click Apply Hold. The hold is applied to the selected POBs or lines.
- To apply a hold to an individual POB or line, complete the following steps:
- Locate the line in the Contracts/Orders tab.
- Hover the mouse over the line, click the menu icon and then click Apply Hold.
- In the Apply Hold window, select the appropriate hold, and provide the comments.
- Click the Apply Hold icon .
Manually apply a hold in a batch action
Complete the following steps to create a batch action to apply a hold:
- Navigate to Workbench > Manage Mass Actions.
- Click the New Batch icon . The New Batch page is displayed.
- In the Batch Details tab, provide the following information about the batch:
- Specify a unique name for the batch in the Name field.
- In the Action On field, select Transactions or RC.
- In the Action Type field, select Apply Hold.
- In the Holds field, select the name of the hold that is to be applied.
- Provide comments in the Comments field.
- Complete other fields in the Batch Details tab as necessary.
- Click . The batch is created.
- Click the Filters tab to filter out the eligible transaction lines or RCs.
- Close the New Batch window.
- On the Batches page, hover the mouse over the batch line and click the Query Data icon . After the transaction lines or RCs have been identified, the batch status changes from NEW to Data Identified.
- Hover the mouse over the line and click the Review Data icon . The Review Data window is displayed listing all the eligible transactions or RCs.
- (Optional): To exclude a line, hover the mouse over the line and click .
- To apply the hold to all the listed lines, click Apply Hold.