After MJE approval rules are defined in RevPro and the related accounting segments are enabled in the accounting setup, you can create and upload the MJE to RevPro.
Before you begin
Ensure that MJE related configuration is set up appropriately based on your business needs. For example, at least one MJE approval rule is created and related accounting segments are enabled. For more information, see MJE setups.
Complete the following steps to upload MJE to RevPro:
Navigate to File Upload > Manual JE.
To create an MJE, complete the following steps:
On the Manual JE page, click to add a journal entry.
In the New Manual JE window, provide detailed information about the journal entry.
Field Description Name A unique name of the journal entry. Book The appropriate book for the journal entry. Period Name The accounting period for the journal entry. Ex Rate Type The type of exchange rate to be used.
- To provide the exchange rates in the upload file, select User.
- To derive the exchange rates from the Oracle application or from the RPRO_EX_RATE table by providing the related dates in the upload file, select other options accordingly.
The options on the drop-down list are defined by the EX_RATE_TYPE lookup.
SOB Name The name of the set of books, which is populated from the Oracle application or other ERP system. For more information, see Upload SOB information. Currency Code The currency code, which is populated based on your selection of SOB Name. Category Code The category code, which is defined by the CATEGORY_CODE lookup. Reversal Period The period to reverse the JEs. The field is applicable only when Standard is selected for the MJE Type filed. Accounting Method The revenue accounting method of JE. SOB ID The ID of the set of books in the Oracle application or other ERP system. MJE Type
The type of MJE.
- Standard: The current open period or the specified period is used to create the new manual JE. Based on this template, debit and credit entries are created as different line entries, and the schedules are not ratable.
- Waterfall: The revenue start date, revenue end date, and the duration are provided and considered for schedules. Based on this template, a single line entry is created for both credit and debit entries, and the schedules are ratable.
- Click . The manual JE is created and its status is displayed as New.
To download the JE upload template, click Download Waterfall Template or Download JE Standard Template depending on the MJE type that you selected in the previous step.
Fill in the data in the downloaded CSV file and save your changes in the local file.
To upload the JE, hover the mouse over the JE line that you created in Step 2 and click the Upload icon .
The selected file is listed in the Uploaded Files section with more details. After the status of the uploaded file changes to Successfully Uploaded, the status of the JE line changes from New to Validated.
If an error occurs during the upload, the status of the JE line changes to Error. You must fix the error and then click the Validate icon . For more information, see MJE validation error messages.
To submit the MJE for approval, hover the mouse over the JE line in the Manual JE Entries section and click the Submit Approval icon .
What to do next
After MJE is uploaded and submitted to be approved, the approver must log in to RevPro to review the MJE and then approve or reject it. For more information, see Approve or reject MJE.
You can review the JE summary and the approval information anytime. To do it, hover the mouse over the JE line and then click the JE Details icon .
- Review the summary in the JE Summary tab.
- Review the errors reported during the MJE upload and validation in the Errors tab. If necessary, fix the errors and upload MJE again. For more information, see MJE validation error messages.
- Review the approval information and related MJE approval rules in the Approvals tab.
- Use the Manage JE Schedules tab to see the created manual journal schedules.