As Zuora Billing and Zuora RevPro have different policies and requirements, some limitations are applicable to Zuora Billing - RevPro Integration.
- Zuora Billing - RevPro Integration does not support the booking-based revenue recognition for evergreen subscriptions. Only billing-based revenue recognition for evergreen subscriptions is supported. It is because evergreen subscriptions have no end date and the transaction price can only be calculated at the time of billing.
- Zuora Billing - RevPro Integration does not support the terms and conditions amendments that change termed subscriptions to evergreen subscriptions. Changing subscription terms can have an impact on the charge contractual value (CCV) and is likely to introduce CCV gaps.
- The amendment for quantity upsell in Zuora Billing is treated as a new revenue contract or a new POB in RevPro.
Delete or unpost transactions
Zuora Billing allows deleting transactions, updating transaction dates, and unposting billing documents. These transactions and billing documents may have already been interfaced with RevPro. However, these changes cannot be synced automatically into RevPro because of RevPro's audit requirements. Therefore, you cannot perform the following tasks if you have Zuora Billing - RevPro Integration enabled:
- Delete non-draft subscriptions or orders.
- Delete non-draft amendments.
- Unpost invoices.
- Delete invoice item adjustments, credit memos, or debit memos.
- Change effective dates if a subscription or an order is already active.
Otherwise, the data inconsistency will be introduced between Zuora Billing and RevPro.
Zuora Billing - RevPro Integration does not support the booking-based revenue recognition for usage charges.
Zuora Billing supports a variety of charge models, but Zuora Billing - RevPro Integration has limitations for the following charge models.
Discount charge model
- Zuora Billing - RevPro Integration does not support account-level discounts in Zuora Billing.
- Zuora Billing - RevPro Integration only supports the billing-based revenue recognition for fixed amount discounts.
- Fixed amount discounts are supported only as a standalone transaction line for the full booking period with no reference to the regular charge.
Overage smoothing charge model
Zuora Billing - RevPro Integration does not support the revenue recognition for the overage smoothing charge model.