The Data Transformation program transforms the object data in Pre-Staging tables into transaction lines stored in Staging. To understand how data is transformed into Zuora Revenue Staging by default, see Introduction to standard field mapping for details. You can customize Data Transformation job execution based on your business requirements in the Zuora Revenue UI.
We recommend you to run Data Transformation jobs on a daily basis.
- Ensure that the Billing object data required to perform the transformation is already synchronized into Pre-Staging tables.
- Ensure that the Data Transformation templates have been set up in Zuora Revenue. The following template definitions are required for Data Transformation and you can check these templates by navigating to File Upload > Transactions/Cost:
- ORDER - Always required. Charge level information will be transformed into sales order lines.
- INVOICE - Always required. Zuora Billing invoice items will be transformed as invoices.
- INVOICE_ITEM_ADJUSTMENTS - Required if Invoice Settlement is not enabled for your Zuora Billing tenant. It is used to transform invoice item adjustments in Zuora Billing.
- CREDIT_MEMO - Required if you have Invoice Settlement enabled for your Zuora Billing tenant. It is used to transform credit memos in Zuora Billing.
- DEBIT_MEMO - Required if you have Invoice Settlement enabled for your Zuora Billing tenant. It is used to transform debit memos in Zuora Billing.
Follow Upload transactions or costs to learn how to create a transaction or cost template.
Launch Data Transformation jobs
Take the following steps to configure and launch the Data Transformation job in Zuora Revenue:
- Navigate to Data Interface > Data Sync.
- Expand the side menu and then click Transformation Job. The Transformation Job page opens.
- If you have multiple Zuora Billing entities, select an entity from the Entity dropdown list. Other settings are not editable until an entity is selected.
- In the Data Source dropdown list, select the data source objects to be transformed. Possible data source objects include:
- In the Template dropdown list, select a template used for data transformation.
- (Optional) Complete other optional settings to filter data.
- Account: Enter the number of the account from which you want to transform the data.
- Subscription: Enter the number of the subscription from which you want to transform the data.
- From Date and To Date: Select the last updated date and time range to filter the data source objects. The value for this parameter is in the
DD-MON-RRRR HH24:MI:SSformat. The date represents the UTC time zone because all the Data Sync information is stored in UTC. Additionally, the value should align with the From Date for Data Sync.
- Filter: Enter the filter statements to filter data that matches specific criteria. Both the Zuora_Revenue_table_name.field and Zuora_Billing_object.field formats are supported. For example, if you want to filter the data for a particular subscription, you can enter
rpro_ds_subscription_g.name = ""A-S00000026""or
Subscription.Name = ""A-S00000026"". See Query filter for Data Transformation for more information about the tables or objects that can be used in filter statements.
- Click Launch Data Transformation. If the Data Transformation job is successfully submitted, the corresponding item is displayed in the Data Transformation History table.
After the jobs are complete, the status of the job is updated to
Completedand the queried data is transformed into transaction lines in Staging.
All updated records in Pre-Staging are transformed into Staging tables (Line Staging). You can view all Staging data by navigating to Data Interface > Inbound. Note that duplicate records may exist in Staging. The Data Collection job will remove duplicate lines during the collection process.
If the job encounters an error or completes with warnings, hover over the job item and click to check the details. See Data Transformation errors for all possible error messages and the corresponding descriptions. Submit a request to Zuora Global Support if you need additional assistance with troubleshooting.
What to do next
You can then start collecting data. See Collect data for Billing - Revenue Integration for more information.