As Zuora Billing and Zuora Revenue have different policies and requirements, some limitations are applicable to Billing - Revenue Integration.
To use Billing - Revenue Integration, you must configure the following settings by navigating to Billing Settings > Define Billing Rules in Zuora Billing:
|Billing rule setting||Value|
|Enable credit back for removing or canceling one time charges?||Yes|
|Bill recurring charges for partial month (with monthly based billing periods)?||Yes|
|Bill recurring charges for partial week (with weekly based billing periods)?||Yes|
|Bill usage charges for partial month (with monthly based billing periods)?||Yes|
|Bill usage charges for partial week (with weekly based billing periods)?||Yes|
|When prorating a month, assume 30 days in a month or use actual days?||Use actual number of days|
|When prorating periods greater than a month, prorate by month first, or by day?||Prorate by day|
|Invoice Past End-of-Term when Auto-Renew is OFF?||No|
|Invoice Past End-of-Term when Auto-Renew is ON?||No|
Limitations for Zuora Billing features
Billing - Revenue Integration does not support or provides limited support for the following Zuora Billing features or use cases:
Billing - Revenue Integration does not support the booking-based revenue recognition for evergreen subscriptions. Only billing-based revenue recognition for evergreen subscriptions is supported. It is because evergreen subscriptions have no end date and the transaction price can only be calculated at the time of billing.
The amendment for quantity upsell in Zuora Billing cannot be treated as a new revenue contract or a new POB in Zuora Revenue.
Deleting or unposting transactions
Zuora Billing allows deleting transactions, updating transaction dates, and unposting billing documents. These transactions and billing documents may have already been interfaced with Zuora Revenue. However, these changes cannot be synced automatically into Zuora Revenue because of the audit requirements of Zuora Revenue. Therefore, you cannot perform the following tasks if you have Billing - Revenue Integration enabled:
- Delete non-draft subscriptions or orders.
- Delete non-draft amendments.
- Unpost invoices, credit memos, or debit memos.
- Delete invoice item adjustments, credit memos, or debit memos.
- Change effective dates if a subscription or an order is already active.
- Delete renewed subscriptions without canceling the corresponding generated invoices.
Otherwise, the variance for reconciliation between booking and billing can be introduced.
Invoice date earlier than booking date
Billing - Revenue Integration supports that the invoice date is earlier than the booking date only after the booking data becomes eligible to be collected in Zuora Revenue. It is because the Data Collection program in Zuora Revenue always collects the booking data before the billing data. For example, the booking date for a subscription is 04/02/2020, and its invoice date is set to 04/01/2020, the transaction lines can be picked up correctly in Zuora Revenue on 04/02/2020 or later.
Billing - Revenue Integration does not support the booking-based revenue recognition for usage charges.
- Billing - Revenue Integration does not support account-level discounts in Zuora Billing.
- Billing - Revenue Integration only supports the billing-based revenue recognition for fixed amount discounts.
- Fixed amount discounts are supported only as a standalone transaction line for the full booking period with no reference to the regular charge.
- When multiple discount charges overlap with the same regular charge, it will cause the variance for reconciliation between booking and billing.
Billing - Revenue Integration does not support prepayment charges in Zuora Billing. The Prepayment feature is deprecated in Zuora Billing and available only for backward compatibility.
Limitations for Zuora Revenue features
Billing - Revenue Integration does not support or provides limited support for the following Zuora Revenue features or use cases:
- Only formula-based costs are supported.
- Only Extended Sell Price and Extended List Price can be used in formulas.
- After the formula is set up and consumed by the system, it cannot be changed before the subscription ends.
For more information about costs in Zuora Revenue, see Cost processing in Billing - Revenue integration environments.
The variable consideration (VC) processing is not supported.
Grouped performance obligations
You can group multiple performance obligations (POBs) in Zuora Revenue. However, grouped POBs are not supported by Billing - Revenue Integration.
You can take mass actions on revenue contracts only. See Unavailable mass actions for a list of unsupported mass actions by Billing - Revenue Integration.
Every charge segment in Zuora Billing is treated as a new SO line in Zuora Revenue. However, not every new SO line is treated as a new POB in Zuora Revenue. See Contract modifications for charge segment amendments for details about how different types of amendments are processed in Zuora Revenue.
Currently, only the By Percent processing type is supported by Billing - Revenue Integration. Events cannot be processed based on the amount or quantity. For more information about creating event types, see Event setup.