DO NOT CHANGE ANY OF THE TITLE, IT WILL BREAK CONTENT ON OTHER PAGES.
Use Connect Tax Engines in Zuora Billing
Set up Connect Tax Engines
To set up a Connect Tax Engine, complete the following steps.
- In your Zuora tenant, click your username at the top right and navigate to Settings > Billing.
- Click Setup Tax Engine and Tax Date.
- Select Connect Tax Engine from the list, and click setup new tax engine. Note that you can create at most 10 Connect Tax Engines.
- In the Basic Information area on the Setup Tax Engine page, specify the basic information for the new tax engine:
- Name: Name the Connect Tax Engine you would like to use in Zuora. For example, Avalara Brazil, India Local Tax, Avalara Telco, etc.
- Connect Token: Enter the unique 32-character API Token of the Tax app. To obtain your API Token, complete the following steps:
- From the left-hand navigation menu under Marketplace, click the name of the tax app.
- Select the instance you would like to launch.
- Navigate to the APP INFORMATION tab, the API token is listed near the top of the tab.
- In the Custom Fields sent to Open Tax Connector area, select all the custom fields that you want to use in the tax request for tax calculation. Failure to select them will result in that blank values are used in the corresponding Liquid objects. At most 50 custom fields are allowed. See Manage custom fields for more information.
- Click save to save the configurations.
- In the Company Information area, add at least one Company Code to activate a tax code.
After completing the previous steps, you can click back to Tax Engine list to view the Connect Tax Engine you just created. If you want to modify it, click Edit. If you want to remove it, click Delete.
Note: If you want to remove an existing Connect Tax Engine referred by a tax code, you need to first remove the tax code before removing the Connect Tax Engine.
Set up taxation codes
After setting up the Connect Tax Engine, complete the following steps to set up taxation codes:
- Click your username at the top right and navigate to Settings > Billing.
- Click Setup Taxation Codes.
- Click add new tax code.
- In the Basic Information area, complete the tax code details:
- Tax Code Name: Enter the name of the tax code to be selected in the product catalog when discerning which Connect Tax Engine the charges will use to calculate tax.
- Tax Engine: Select the name that you have specified for the Connect Tax Engine.
- External Company Code: Select the company code created when setting up the Connect Tax Engine.
- Active: This is No by default. You will activate it later.
- Description (Optional): Describe the tax code and the tax app that will be used for future reference.
- Click save.
- Click Activate to ensure the tax code is present in the product catalog.
Activate tax code in product rate plans
After setting up taxation codes, complete the following steps to activate the tax code in your product rate plans:
- From the left-hand navigation of the Zuora UI, click Product Catalog.
- Click the name of the product where you want to change its rate plan.
- Select an existing rate plan or create a new rate plan to use the tax code. See the following articles for more information:
- Hover over the title and click Edit to edit the rate plan.
- Complete the details in the Taxation section of the selected rate plan:
- Taxable: Select this check box to enable the rate plan to be taxable.
- Tax Mode: Select the desired tax mode:
- Tax Exclusive: Tax is excluded from the charges.
- Tax Inclusive: Tax is included in the charges.
- Tax Code - Select the desired tax code in the dropdown list.
- Click save.
This is what was achieved and what was omitted in this how-to.