You can edit the name patterns for the files that are generated for billing documents through the Zuora UI. Billing documents include invoices, credit memos, and debit memos.
The Credit and Debit Memos feature is only available if you have the Invoice Settlement feature enabled. The Invoice Settlement feature is in Limited Availability. If you wish to have access to the feature, submit a request at Zuora Global Support.
To edit file name patterns for billing documents through the Zuora UI:
- Click your username at the top right, and navigate to Billing > Manage Billing Document Configuration.
- On the Document Filename Patterns tab, click edit in the row of the billing document type that you want to edit file name patterns for.
- In the displayed file name pattern configuration area, configure the following fields:
- From the Select Field Type list, select a supported data source object.
- From the Select Field list, select a field related to the data source object.
The corresponding merge field tag is displayed in the Merge Field Tag field.
- In the Filename Pattern filed, copy and paste the merge field tag into the displayed file name pattern, and make necessary updates if needed.
- Click save to save the configurations.