The Invoice Settlement feature is generally available as of Zuora Billing Release 296 (March 2021). This feature includes Unapplied Payments, Credit and Debit Memos, and Invoice Item Settlement. If you want to have access to the feature, see Invoice Settlement Enablement and Checklist Guide for more information.
You can create multiple credit and debit memo templates. By default, the default memo templates are used to generate memo PDFs for customer accounts. To use custom memo templates for all customers, set the templates as default in Zuora Billing setting. To set custom memo templates for a particular customer, set the templates in the customer's profile.
Set as default template for all customers
You can set a credit memo or debit memo template as the default template in Zuora Billing setting. The default memo template is used to generate the memo PDFs for all customers.
To set a memo template as the default template for all customers:
- Log in to the Zuora application with administrative privileges.
- Click your username at the top right and click Billing > Manage Billing Document Configuration.
- In the Manage Invoice, Credit/Debit Memo Templates tab, click make default next to the template.
Set a specific template for a customer
You can set a specific credit memo or debit memo template for a particular customer in the customer's profile. The template for a particular customer overrides the default template you set in Zuora Billing setting. For example, you make the Template_1 template as default for credit memos in Zuora Billing setting and then set the Template_2 template as the credit memo template in a customer's profile. The Template_2 template is used to generate PDFs for that customer.
To set a specific memo template for a customer:
- Navigate to Customers > Customer Accounts in the navigation section.
- Click the customer account you want to edit.
- In the Billing and Payment Info section, click edit.
- From the Credit Memo Template or Debit Memo Template list, click the template name.
- Click save.