Sony Payment Services offers credit card and general business settlement services for its network members. At this time, Sony Payment Services only supports the Japanese Yen currency.
Contact Zuora Global Support to enable Sony Payment Services for your merchant account.
Configure the Sony Payment Service gateway instance
- Click your username at the top right and navigate to Settings > Payments > Setup Payment Gateway.
- Select Sony Payment Services from the Gateway Type drop-down menu.
- Click create gateway.
Common configuration fields
There are some common fields you must complete for every gateway configuration. We recommend reviewing Setting Up Payment Gateways for information on these fields:
- Name: Choose a name that identifies this payment gateway. We recommend using a name that helps your users identify the gateway.
- Use Gateway Test Environment: Select this check box if you want Billing to use the payment gateway's test service URL. This allows you to test payment transactions while you are setting up your Billing.
The merchant must contact Sony Payment Service to obtain the Merchant Id and Merchant number prior to setting up the gateway.
- Merchant ID: The Merchant ID is a unique value that identifies a merchant.
- Merchant Password: Password associated with your Merchant ID.
- Store Code: The code for setting a Sony Payment Services store code for each store. If you have multiple stores within the same merchant, you need to have a unique store code for each store. The same member ID can be used if registered under different stores. Once you register a member ID, you cannot use that ID again, even if the previous member has been deleted.
- Member Password: All members must share the same password.
- Cards Accepted: Select the credit cards that you accept.
- Default Authorization Amount: If the default authorization amount is zero, the validity of the credit card is checked. If the default amount is greater than zero, the payment is authorized using the default amount.
- Verify new payment method (optional):
- Optional for Credit Card payment type. Triggers a credit card authorization during card creation.
- Required for CC Reference Transaction payment type. Verifies if the Token exists in the Sony Payment Services gateway database and verifies that it has a registered card or generates a new Token with a registered card.
- Verify updated payment method (optional): Triggers a credit card authorization when updating an existing card.
Once you have entered the necessary information, click save gateway information.
Credit Card Reference transactions
Tokens are used for credit card reference transactions in Zuora. A reference transaction is simply a representation of a credit card payment method without having sensitive payment method information like the credit card number stored in Zuora. Please note that the token cannot be used with another gateway, which is why we recommend storing credit card information in Zuora whenever possible.
Transaction date in the request to the gateway
As required by the Sony Payment Services gateway, Zuora includes the transaction date in the request passed to the gateway. The transaction date in the request might be inconsistent with the transaction processing date depending on the time zone of the tenant, because the
TransactionDate field in the request is UTC+0 based.
For example, a payment was created on 2022/09/03 07:19:00 UTC+9. The creation date of this payment in Zuora is 2022/09/03 07:19:00 UTC+9. By converting it to UTC+0, the time is 2022/09/02 22:19:00 UTC+0. The
TransactionDate field in the request sent to the gateway is
Sony Payment Services currently has the following limitations:
- Non-Referenced Refunds, or refunds that are not associated with an existing Payment transaction, are not supported by Sony Payment Services.
- Token generation within Zuora is not supported for Sony Payment Services
- Only the Japanese YEN currency is supported.