Common Configuration Fields
There are some common fields you must complete for every gateway configuration. We recommend reviewing Setting Up Payment Gateways for information on these fields:
- Name: Choose a name that identifies this payment gateway. We recommend using a name that helps your users identify the gateway.
- Use Gateway Test Environment: Select this check box if you want Billing to use the payment gateway's test service URL. This allows you to test payment transactions while you are setting up your Billing.
Login to your First Data Global Gateway Account for more information on creating your Key ID and HMAC Key for your merchant account.
- Gateway ID: The API Key is a unique identifier used to determine API access right for the FirstData merchant account.
- Password: The secret key is an encryption/decryption key unique to the merchant account and is used to receive or retrieve data.
- Key ID: The Key ID is an access key containing 3-5 numbers.
- HMAC Key: This is the 32 character hash message authentication code generated by FirstData for your merchant account.
- Cards Accepted: Select the credit cards that you accept.
- Default Authorization Amount: The minimum default amount used to process a payment. For AMEX payments a minimum of $1.00 is required.
- Verify new credit card (optional):
- Verify updated credit card (optional):
Once you have entered the necessary information, click save gateway information.