If you're a Netsuite integration customer, migrating your Zuora account won't automatically migrate your Netsuite connector to support Invoice Settlement.
Zuora provisions a new connect app instance to support Invoice Settlement. It's essential to complete these steps before/during migration rather than after enabling the Invoice Settlement feature.
Prepare data for migration
Follow the pointers below to prepare data sync for Netsuite.
Ensure you sync all the required IIA before activating Invoice Settlement in Billing, or you'll have to handle unsynced IIA manually.
The migration process converts negative invoices into credit memos. One negative invoice produces a single credit memo. The initial step to write off the negative invoice is to use Invoice Item Adjustments.
The use cases below aid in comprehending the migration procedure for negative invoices.
Negative invoices already synced to NetSuite
During migration, the credit memos that are created to migrate the negative invoice will have the reason code
AR Mig - negative invoice. You can use this in the data source export to filter data. After the migration, mark Yes for Transfer to accounting on the credit memo to avoid syncing those transactions to Netsuite again.
To filter the credit memo, use the argument specified below,
select id,MemoNumber from creditmemo where ReasonCode = ‘AR Mig - negative invoice’;
During the migration phase, Zuora will generate the Invoice Item Adjustment for negative invoices. However, the IIA will not be synced through the NetSuite connector provision. So, no action is required for the generated IIA.
To start the IS migration process, it is necessary to synchronize all the negative invoices that currently exist.
Steps to re-provision and set up Netsuite Connector
- Follow the steps in Create an OAuth Tenant Login in Zuora Connect to generate an OAuth user for your Connect App.
- Create a fresh connector app instance by clicking the + button and choosing Zuora Connector For NetSuite from the dropdown list. To access the Zuora Connector for NetSuite, visit the Zuora homepage, go to Marketplace, or use the link https://connect.zuora.com/.
- Fill in the necessary credentials in the pop-up window.
- Create a support ticket at Zuora Global Support to help you set up a new account ID and environment ID.
- Ask the support team to disable the old NS connector app.
- Follow the instructions in Configure Sync Preferences to configure the settings for the connector and scheduler after creating the new Connect App instance.