Occasionally, you may post an incorrect invoice that contains either charge mistakes or other errors. Upon customer request, you can reverse the incorrect invoice and generate a corrected version for that same billing period.
You can reverse a posted invoice only if you have the user permission. See Billing Roles for more information.
You can reverse invoices only if you have Invoice Settlement enabled.
To reverse a posted invoice from the Zuora UI:
- In the left navigation area, navigate to Billing > Invoices.
- On the All Invoices page, click the invoice that you want to write off.
- On the invoice detail page, click the three vertical dots icon to display more applicable actions, then click Reverse Invoice.
- Specify the following information in the Reverse Invoice dialog:
- Memo Date: The date when the credit memo is created. The memo date must be later than or equal to the invoice date.
- Apply Effective Date: The date when the credit memo is applied to the invoice that will be reversed. The effective date must be later than or equal to the memo date.
- Click Save.
If the invoice is reversed successfully, you can find the auto-generated credit memo in the transaction table. See Reverse invoices for more information.