You can create custom fields for the Usage object through the Zuora UI. In this scenario, you have to create two custom fields first, type and state.
To create custom fields for the Usage object through the Zuora UI, complete the following steps:
- Click your username at the top right and navigate to Settings > Billing > Manage Custom Fields.
- On the Maintain Custom Fields page, click Usages Fields.
- On the Usages Fields page, click add new field in the Usages Custom Fields & Relationships ( Non-Indexed ) area.
- On the New Usages Custom Fields page that is displayed, define a custom field:
- For the Choose the field type field, click the Text radio button.
- In the Field Label area, enter the UI element name for the custom field.
The value in the API Name field is automatically populated based on the specified field label name. In this scenario, type is automatically displayed.
__c(two underscores and the letter "c") is automatically appended to the end of the API name when Zuora creates the custom field. The API Name is important, and will be used later.
- In the Length area, specify the maximum length of characters that can be included for the value of the custom field.
- Click save to save the custom field configuration.
- Repeat the above steps to create the state custom field.
The custom fields, type and state, are created and listed in the Usages Custom Fields & Relationships ( Non-Indexed ) area on the Usages Fields page.