The Order to Revenue feature is Zuora’s end-to-end solution to enable the complete quote-to-revenue operations process, from quotes to orders, billing, payments, collections, and revenue recognition. This solution enables a single source of truth across Zuora applications.
The Order to Revenue feature is in the Early Adopter phase. We are actively soliciting feedback from a small set of early adopters before releasing it as generally available.
Currently, you are only eligible to join the early adopter program if you became a Zuora customer after October 1, 2023 and have a single-entity setup. If you have not already joined the early adopter program, submit a request at Zuora Global Support.
All other customers are not yet eligible to join the early adopter program. The Order to Revenue feature will become more widely available in future releases.
The Order to Revenue feature is the new solution that enables a single source of truth across Zuora applications. The previous solution, Zuora Billing - Revenue Integration, is no longer available to new Zuora customers as of October 1, 2023.
Benefits of using Order to Revenue
The Order to Revenue feature has the following benefits:
- Unified data model
- Standardized data mapping
- Automated data reconciliations
- Predictable performance
- Simple set-up
Functions provided by Order to Revenue
The Order to Revenue feature generates transactional data as follows:
- Booking Transaction is for tracking changes on booking items. It consolidates and reflects data creation and changes in the following objects:
- Rate Plan Charge
- Order Line Item
- Billing Transaction is for tracking creations and changes on billing items. It consolidates and reflects data creation and changes in the following objects:
- Invoice Item
- Credit Memo Item
- Debit Memo Item
- Invoice Item Adjustment
- Revenue Recognition Events Transaction is for tracking the following types of information generated when using the Delivery Pricing and Advanced Consumption Billing features:
- Daily Delivery
- Unbill Usage
- Daily Consumption
The Order to Revenue feature currently does not support or has limitations on the following features or scenarios:
- Account level discounts
- Deleting amendments or orders
- Fixed-amount discounts support only billing-based revenue recognition.
- Historical data migration for existing Billing customers
- Only the original order date of the rate plan charge is supported for the booking date in Zuora Revenue.
- Proration credit reversal
- Suspending and resuming on the same day
- Terms and Conditions: changing the term to evergreen
- Terms and Conditions: decreasing term and increasing term when billing in advance
- Updates to billing trigger dates
- Un-posting and deleting invoices
- Expectations with data from other upstream systems
- The Order to Revenue feature inherits the expectations of Billing - Revenue Integration.
Required configurations and best practices
See Required configurations and best practices for using Order to Revenue to achieve proper revenue accounting results in Zuora Revenue.