Overview of Booking Transactions
The booking transaction object is available in the data source and Data query. This object stores data and data changes on the Zuora Billing side. It provides the systems downstream of Zuora Billing with consistent and traceable data, such as the order and booking data for Zuora Revenue.
Booking transaction captures important changes and the delta values on Rate Plan Charge, Order Line Items, and similar objects when a subscription is created or modified. It is mainly used for Booking Reconciliation.
When a new subscription is created, a backend job is triggered, and Booking Transaction(s) is generated on segment level if one of the following conditions is met:
- The value of the new segment is not Discount, and the new segment's quantity is not the same as that of the previous segment.
- The value of the new segment is Discount, and the new segment's ELP is not the same as that of the previous segment.
- The new segment's effective start date is not the same as that of the previous segment.
- The new segment's effective end date value is not the same as that of the previous segment.
- The CCV value of the new segment is not the same as that of the previous segment.
There are more than 50 fields in one Booking Transaction object, including Subscription information (ID, Name, and so on), Product, Charge, Amendment Types, Accounting Codes, Currency, CCV-related stats, and so on.
Account level discount is not supported. In addition, fixed amount discounts will not be supported as part of the discount allocation.