Zuora CPQ Titanium FAQs
Frequently asked questions for existing customers who are upgrading to Zuora CPQ Titanium (Q4 2013) release
- Why should I upgrade to Titanium?
The Titanium Release of Zuora CPQ contains numerous enhancements that allow you to reduce implementation and customization time. Our new componentized architecture allows you to configure and refine your quoting workflow directly through the UI. Less code, more point-and-click configurability. Improvements include a custom Quote Wizard to define your own quoting flow, a new product selector, configurable page layouts, components and plugins to simplify your quoting implementation, support for custom fields across the application, and much more. Please see this link for a full list of the features in Titanium, our Q4 2013 release. And don't forget to take a look at our Q1 2014 release which takes Titanium a step further.
Technical Upgrade FAQs
- What is this Q4 2013 Release I keep seeing mentioned on Knowledge Center, is that the same as Titanium?
Yes, Titanium is the same as the Q4,2013 Release of Zuora CPQ. All products, Quotes, 360 Sync and Order Builder are included under the umbrella of the the Titanium Release of Zuora CPQ.
- How do I know if I can upgrade to Titanium?
Titanium is the latest version of Zuora CPQ (Quotes, 360 Sync and Order Builder). All SFDC tenants in which any package(s) related to Zuora CPQ are installed can upgrade.
- How do I upgrade my current version of Zuora Quotes to Titanium?
Submit a ticket to the Zuora Support team, and they will provide you with a link to install the new managed package(s) into your Salesforce environment. Once you have obtained the links, the upgrade guide for Quotes is located here. The upgrade guide for 360 Sync is located here.
- Who do I contact if my upgrade installation fails?
Please log a support ticket with Zuora if you encounter issues during your installation.
- If I only have 360 Sync can I upgrade to Titanium?
Titanium is the latest release of Zuora CPQ (Quotes, 360 Sync and Order Builder). So, if you only have 360 Sync, you can upgrade to the latest version of that product.
Submit a request at Zuora Global Support to enable this feature or service.
- What happens to my existing customizations if I upgrade?
The package is backwards compatible, so no prior customizations will be broken. However, code changes may be required in order to take advantage of the new features provided by the Titanium release.
- Where can I find information on the new Apex and Visualforce components?
You can visit our Github repository here which contains numerous code examples of our new plugins and components. Another good resource is our Knowledge Center under our Component Library here where you can view documentation on all of our new components.
- What happens to my existing data if I upgrade?
All existing data is stored in the Salesforce database and no changes will be made as a result of installing the managed package.
- Can I run an older version of Quotes with the newest version side by side?
Only one version of the managed package can be installed at one time. If you attempt to install a newer version of the package, your prior version will be upgraded. If you wish to run two versions you will need two different Salesforce instances.
- How do I validate that Titanium will work with my existing implementation?
Install Titanium into a Salesforce test environment that has been refreshed with your production data. Thoroughly test all of your business processes including integration with Zuora.
- I am just a controller/finance guy/etc and don’t have any Salesforce admin or technical resources available - should I attempt this upgrade myself?
The upgrade to Titanium is intended to be self-service and is fully documented on our Knowledge Center. However, the complexity and customization in your existing implementation will determine if you need technical or admin resources.
- I want to install an older version of Zuora CPQ (for whatever reason), can I have the link for this?
Yes, please contact Support for the link to your package version that you want to install. Although we will continue to support all older versions of the Zuora CPQ product line, we do encourage our customers to upgrade to the latest version possible.
- I’ve heard a lot about this Titanium, can you provide me with the technical documentation?
Yes, our Knowledge Center has been updated to reflect all the latest features and functionality in Titanium.
- We are using Zuora CPQ Quotes Titanium Release. Some of our quotes do not have Quote Metrics populated. Please help!
Quote Metrics are calculated when the quote is first created. If the quote was created prior to the Quotes v.6.0.x upgrade, the Quote Metrics will not be calculated. You need to either edit and save the quote to trigger the metrics calculation or recreate it.
Sales-related Upgrade FAQs
- How do I purchase the latest version of Zuora CPQ?
Contact your assigned Account Executive for details on Zuora CPQ pricing if you are a new customer.
- Who is eligible to upgrade?
Any customer on a previous versions of Zuora CPQ (Quotes, 360 Sync or using the Zuora Development Kit) is eligible to upgrade to Titanium. If you are not already on a previous version of Zuora CPQ, contact your Account Executive for eligibility.
- Will my maintenance/support agreement change if I upgrade?
Your maintenance/support agreement is independent of the Titanium Release. You will continue to receive the same level of support regardless of the upgrade.
- What will it cost to upgrade to the latest version?
For existing customers there is no cost to upgrade to Titanium. If you are a new customer please contact your Account Executive for Zuora CPQ pricing.
- Why should I upgrade to the latest version?
The Titanium Release of Zuora CPQ contains numerous enhancements that allow you to administer and configure Quotes yourself. Just a sample of the improvements include a custom Quote wizard to define your own Quoting flow, new components and plugins to simplify your quoting implementation and configurable layouts and support for custom fields across the application. In addition, numerous bug fixes have been added. Please see this link for a full list of the features in Titanium, our Q4 2013 release.
- I’ve heard a lot about this Titanium, where can I see a demo of what it is?
Please get in touch with your primary Zuora contact to organize a demo of Titanium.
- I am on an earlier version and cannot upgrade. Do you plan to stop supporting earlier versions?
We have no plans to end of life earlier versions at this stage and if you are on an earlier version we will continue to support it. However, this cannot be guaranteed for the future as we consistently make upgrades to our products and assess the engineering cost of supporting earlier versions. In addition, newer versions often provide bug fixes and features requested by customers. We highly encourage all our customers to upgrade to the latest versions as their implementations permit.