This section deals with minimum commitment troubleshooting.
If the app does not re-generate a new invoice after being triggered by the bill run, check the following:
Ensure that the bill run target date is greater than or equal to the next true up date.
Ensure that there is only one true up charge against an invoice.
Perform the following actions to verify that there is only one true up charge against an invoice.
- For the true up charge, verify that only a single period is billed in the invoice. If multiple periods are billed at the same time, re-run the bill run with the updated target date to only include the first period.
- Ensure that there is only one minimum commitment subscription in the invoice at a time. If there are more than one, rerun the bill runs individually for each one of them and invoice them separately.
If the issue persists even after checking the other validation methods, perform the following actions:
- Cancel the last draft invoice associated with the true up charge.
- To avoid wrong calculations, check if there are pending true up usages added by the minimum commitment app in the last run and delete if any.
- Update 'next true up date' to true up charge's NCD (next charge date) or charge end date - whichever is lower.
- Perform a new bill run with the target date that is the same as the 'next true up date' set in the last step.
- After the minimum commitment invoice is created, if you want to generate your invoice with a different target date, you can do so (without triggering the app) after updating the true up usage quantity accordingly and canceling the last invoice.