Print all invoices in a bill run
This tutorial is not valid anymore as the Google Cloud Print task was deprecated.
If you need to print out all invoices in a specific bill run, Workflow can help you automate the printing process and reduce possible errors.
Procedure without Workflow
- Find the bill run and export the PDFs of all invoices in this bill run.
- Print the invoices one by one. This step is tedious and error-prone.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 for each applicable bill run.
Procedure with Workflow
- Configure the workflow 'Bill Run Callout - Print Invoices'. You only need to perform this step once.
- Run the workflow and enter the bill run ID when prompted. The invoices will be printed out from the configured printers with the pre-configured templates.
- Repeat step 2 for each applicable bill run.
Invoicing > Bill Run Callout - Print Invoices
The workflow consists of three tasks.
- Export: This task retrieves data about invoices included in a bill run. A required custom parameter BillingRun.Id is defined for this workflow. When users enter a bill run ID, this task starts the data retrieval based on the ID entered.
- Iterate: Iterates unique invoices in the file generated from the export task.
- Print: Print invoices using Google Cloud Print.
- Workflow setting: If you want to get notified when tasks fail, select Notify on failed tasks and enter the emails.
- Export task: Select the data fields that you need to display in invoices.
- Print task: Add your Google Cloud Print account. You must have printers configured for the account. For details, see https://www.google.com/cloudprint/#printers.