Set up and configure a First Data gateway instance by using the information in this article, including configuration procedure, descriptions of the configuration fields, and reference for testing the payment gateway.
Enable the First Data payment gateway integration for your tenant. See Enable payment gateway integrations for your tenant for instructions.
Perform the following steps to set up and configure a First Data gateway instance in Zuora:
- Click your username in the upper right and navigate to Settings > Payments > Setup Payment Gateway.
- On the Configure Gateway Instance tab, select FirstData GGe4 v14 from the Gateway Type drop-down list.
- Click Create Gateway.
- On the gateway settings page, specify values for the configuration fields. See below for more information on the fields.
- Click Save Gateway Information.
Common configuration fields
There are some common fields you must complete for every gateway configuration. We recommend reviewing Setting Up Payment Gateways for information on these fields.
Name: Choose a name that identifies this payment gateway. We recommend using a name that helps your users identify the gateway.
- Use Gateway Test Environment: Select this check box if you want Billing to use the payment gateway's test service URL. This allows you to test payment transactions while you are setting up your Billing.
- Cards Accepted: Select the credit cards that you accept.
- Default Authorization Amount: The minimum default amount used to process a payment. For AMEX payments a minimum of $1.00 is required.
- Verify new payment method (optional)
- Verify updated payment method (optional)
Specific configuration fields
Login to your First Data Global Gateway Account for more information on creating your Key ID and HMAC Key for your merchant account.
- Gateway ID: The API Key is a unique identifier used to determine API access right for the FirstData merchant account.
- Password: The secret key is an encryption/decryption key unique to the merchant account and is used to receive or retrieve data.
- Key ID: The Key ID is an access key containing 3-5 numbers.
- HMAC Key: This is the 32 character hash message authentication code generated by FirstData for your merchant account.
Test the configuration
We recommend that you test your payment gateway by using both your payment gateway's test and production (live) environments. Once you have completed testing in the gateway's test environment, it is recommended that you perform a test in your live production environment with a real credit card. If there are any differences in the configuration of your testing and production accounts, testing in production ensures your production merchant account is set up properly and can successfully connect to the production environment.
You can use the test cards and scenarios provided by the gateway vendor to test your integration. See this article on First Data site for details.