Set up and configure a PayPal Express Checkout gateway instance by using the information in this article, including prerequisites, configuration procedure, descriptions of the configuration fields, and reference for testing the payment gateway.
- Ensure that you have obtained your PayPal API credentials. See PayPal documentation for more information on how to obtain API credentials.
- Enable the PayPal Express Checkout payment gateway integration for your tenant. See Enable payment gateway integrations for your tenant for instructions.
Perform the following steps to set up and configure a PayPal Express Checkout gateway instance in Zuora:
- Click your username in the upper right and navigate to Settings > Payments > Setup Payment Gateway.
- On the Configure Gateway Instance tab, select PayPal Express Checkout from the Gateway Type drop-down list.
- Click Create Gateway.
- On the gateway settings page, specify values for the configuration fields. See below for more information on the fields.
- Click Save Gateway Information.
There are some common fields you must complete for every gateway configuration. We recommend reviewing Setting Up Payment Gateways for information on these fields:
- Use Gateway Test Environment
Username for API credentials username
Password for API credentials password
API credentials signature
- Verify new Paypal Express Checkout payment method
- Enable gateway reconciliation
The Gateway Reconciliation job for PayPal Express Checkout is scheduled to start at 3:00 pm (PST) every day.
For more information about this option, see Overview of PayPal Express Checkout gateway integration and Gateway Reconciliation.
Test the configuration
We recommend that you test your payment gateway using both your payment gateway's test and production (live) environments. Once you have completed testing in the gateway's test environment, it is recommended that you perform a test in your live production environment with a real credit card. If there are any differences in the configuration of your testing and production accounts, testing in production ensures your production merchant account is set up properly and can successfully connect to the production environment.
You can use the test card information and testing scenarios provided by the gateway vendor to test your integration. See PayPal 3D Secure test scenarios or PayPal Payflow documentation PayPal Express Checkout's Testing Guide for more information.