Set up and configure a WePay payment gateway instance
Set up and configure a WePay payment gateway instance by using the information in this article, including configuration procedure, descriptions of the configuration fields, and reference for testing the payment gateway.
Perform the below steps to set up and configure a WePay payment gateway instance:
- Click your username in the upper right and navigate to Settings > Payments > Setup Payment Gateway.
- On the Configure Gateway Instance tab, select WePay from the Gateway Type drop-down list.
- Click Create Gateway.
- On the gateway settings page, specify values for the configuration fields. See below for more information on the fields.
- Click Save Gateway Information.
Common Configuration Fields
The following are the common configuration fields you must specify for all gateways. See Setting Up Payment Gateways for the general information about setting up a payment gateway and specifying the values for the common fields:
- Use Gateway Test Environment
- Cards Accepted
- Default Authorization Amount
- Verify new payment method (optional)
- Verify updated payment method (optional)
Specific configuration fields
In addition to the common fields, you must provide the following field values that are specific to the WePay gateway.
- App Token - The app token generated for your WePay merchant account.
- App Id - The app ID assigned to you by WePay.
- Account Id - The account ID assigned to you by WePay. This will also be used as the default account ID in the custom field hierarchy.
- Enable Custom Account ID Hierarchy - If this checkbox is selected, you can specify custom fields on the payment and account in Zuora. The following fields will be used to select the WePay account for each payment:
Object Fields Payment Custom fields: WePay MID, wePayMID__c Account Custom fields: WePay MID, wePayMID__c Payment Gateway Account Id
You can specify the custom fields on the Account and Payment objects in the Payment Custom Fields - WePay ID and Account Custom Field - WePay ID fields respectively in the gateway configuration page. If these API names are invalid or left blank, the value for the Account Id field is passed in the requests.
If the following API names are invalid or left blank, the value for the Account Id field is passed in the request.
- Payment Custom Fields - WePay ID - The API name of the custom field on the Payment object. This field is applicable only if you have enabled Custom Account ID Hierarchy.
- Account Custom Field - WePay ID - The API name of the custom field on the Account object. This field is applicable only if you have enabled Custom Account ID Hierarchy.
Test the configuration
We recommend that you test your payment gateway using both your payment gateway's test and production (live) environments. Once you have completed testing in the gateway's test environment, it is recommended that you perform a test in your live production environment with a real credit card. If there are any differences in the configuration of your testing and production accounts, testing in production ensures your production merchant account is set up properly and can successfully connect to the production environment.
You can use the test card information and testing scenarios provided by the gateway vendor to test your integration. See WePay's documentation for details.