To improve self-service efficiency, Zuora Revenue provides you with the capability of refreshing your sandbox instances any time you want. You no longer need to contact Zuora Support to get your sandbox refreshed.
A new UI option called Refresh Sandbox is added to the main menu of Zuora Revenue. From that UI page as shown in the following graphic, you can do the following things:
- Submit a new sandbox refresh request
- Monitor the status and progress of the current refresh request
- Review the history of previous refresh request jobs
- View the snapshot of sandbox instances with their date of the last refresh from the production instances
Before you submit a refresh request, be aware of the following requirements:
- The refresh sandbox request must be submitted from the production instance of Zuora Revenue.
- The user who will submit the request must have appropriate access to the Refresh Sandbox UI based on the user role assignment.
- As a best practice, always refer to the Last Refresh Date of the target sandbox and then proceed with the refresh request only if it is necessary.
To submit a sandbox refresh request, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to Setups > Refresh Sandbox.
- In the Sandbox section, select the target sandbox from the drop-down list and then click Request Refresh.
- Confirm your selection by clicking OK in the pop-up window.
After the submission of a sandbox refresh request, the refresh job progress and status will be displayed in the table on the bottom. The applicable status information is explained as follows:
|PENDING||This is the initial status after the refresh request has been submitted.|
|QUEUED||The refresh request is currently queued for execution. This happens when multiple customers submit the sandbox refresh requests in parallel. No action is required by the end-user.|
|REFRESHING||The target sandbox refresh is working in progress. The progress percentage will be updated.|
|COMPLETED||The target sandbox refresh has been completed. The progress percentage is displayed as 100%.|
|ERROR||The refresh job ends in error. Contact Zuora Support for assistance.|