Zuora now supports reconciling electronic payment, refund, and chargeback events processed through the Worldpay 1.4 payment gateway.
For EMIS or acquire reports, Zuora will process NBT505 reports, RECON files, and chargeback notification files. Zuora will also process WPG reports (i.e. transaction status reports) set up by Worldpay administrators.
- Ensure that the Reconciliation feature for your Worldpay merchant account has been enabled. To get Reconciliation correctly set up at the Worldpay side, contact Worldpay Support and refer them to their internal resource for details about the setup procedure.
- If you are using Worldpay service level M, the Transfer Batch Report is available to you. To ensure that this report is posted to the server for Zuora Gateway Reconciliation jobs, you need to work with Worldpay to make sure this report is set up correctly for your merchant account.
Configuring Worldpay Gateway Reconciliation
To configure Worldpay gateway reconciliation, you must perform configurations in the Zuora UI.
When setting up a Worldpay gateway instance in Zuora, you also need to perform the following configurations to configure Worldpay gateway reconciliation:
- The Enable gateway reconciliation check box must be selected.
- The Admin Code that is set up by Worldpay and used for Worldpay Gateway reporting needs to be obtained by the merchant and entered in the Admin Code field.
- The merchant acronym that will be used by Worldpay for reporting needs to be obtained by the merchant and entered in the Merchant Acronym field.
No configuration is needed in Worldpay by the merchant. The Worldpay administrators will be informed with clear instructions on how to set up reporting for any merchants that will use the Zuora gateway reconciliation integration.
Best Practice to Use Worldpay Gateway Reconciliation
Worldpay only allows you to specify one main currency for your Worldpay account. All transactions on the gateway side will be converted to this currency. If the currency of the customer account in Zuora, which determines the transaction currency, does not match the currency of the Worldpay account, Worldpay Gateway Reconciliation will ignore the chargeback events. Therefore, if you want to have Worldpay Gateway Reconciliation working for different currencies, you need to:
- Create multiple Worldpay accounts for different currencies. Each account is dedicated for one currency.
- Configure multiple payment gateway instances in Zuora in correspondence with different Worldpay accounts.
- Assign payment gateway instances to customer accounts in different currencies. Ensure that the currency of a customer account is the same as the currency of the Worldpay account that the utilized Worldpay instance maps to.
The subsequent payment transactions that happen in a customer account will be sent to and processed at the gateway in the same currency. Worldpay Gateway Reconciliation will process chargeback events.
Worldpay Gateway Reconciliation Limitations
Currently, the Worldpay gateway reconciliation has the following limitations:
- You cannot test Gateway Reconciliation for Worldpay in the Sandbox environment.
- To receive information on settlements and chargebacks from Worldpay reporting, a merchant must be using service level S, R, or M. The Transfer Batch Report is available only for level M merchants.
- The Worldpay report files will be posted to the Worldpay SFTP folder set up for the gateway reconciliation integration and remain for 7 days. Zuora needs to retry an unsuccessful job within the 7-day timeframe.
- The Order Number to be included in the EMIS report must be a string of 9 characters.
- Zuora supports SEPA transactions for Worldpay gateway reconciliation, but does not support mandate events.
- For chargeback reconciliation, only the same currency pairs (the payment currency same as the settlement currency) are supported. Chargeback is supported for only C and S level merchants because chargeback notification reports are only available for these merchants.
- For the retry with file or file name options in the Zuora UI, the EMIS 505 and the ICRC reports are not supported. Only WPG and RECON reports can be retried by using this option.