Overview of Worldpay payment gateway integration
Zuora supports the following versions of Worldpay payment gateway integration:
- Access Worldpay
- Worldpay 1.4
- WorldPay (Corporate Gateway)
Access Worldpay is the latest gateway integration version. We recommend that you use Access Worldpay.
The following table provides a quick reference for the supported features. For details about each feature, see the later sections in this article.
|Feature||Access Worldpay||Worldpay 1.4||WorldPay (Corporate Gateway)|
|Supported payment methods||
|Support 3D Secure 2.0||Yes||Yes||No|
|Support Delayed Capture||No||No||No|
|Support Level 2 and Level 3 card data||No||No||No|
|Support stored credential transactions||Yes||Yes||No|
|Support Gateway Options fields||No||No||No|
|Gateway provider’s API version||N/A||paymentServiceVersion: 1.4||xmlVersion: 1.4|
|Worldpay production endpoint used for Zuora gateway integration service||
|Support Gateway Reconciliation||Yes||Yes||No|
|Worldpay production endpoint used for Gateway Reconciliation service||
|Support Payment Method Updater||Yes (Visa, MasterCard)|
|Worldpay production endpoint used for Zuora PMU service||
Supported payment methods
The following table lists the supported payment methods for each Worldpay integration version:
|Access Worldpay||Worldpay 1.4||WorldPay (Corporate Gateway)|
|Supported Payment Methods||
|Among the supported payment methods, Zuora supports mandate creation for SEPA payment methods. Zuora will generate and pass the mandate to the gateway.||
For more information about setting up payment methods in Zuora, see Define and set up payment methods.
The payment method used for tokenization is the Credit Card Reference (CCRef) payment method. Zuora uses the shopper token but not the merchant token. The following operations are supported by the Credit Card Reference payment method:
- Credit token
- Verify a token - The Token ID and Second Token ID fields in Zuora are required by Worldpay in order to verify a token.
- Capture a payment using a token
- Refund payment
To enable the Credit Card Reference Transaction payment methods, contact Zuora Global Support.
Supported payment operations
The following payment operations are supported for Credit Card and ACH payment methods respectively:
Worldpay 1.4 only supports external non-referenced refunds, while Worldpay (Corporate Gateway) supports both external and electronic non-referenced refunds.
The following table describes the functional mapping between the Zuora API and the Worldpay API.
|Zuora API||Worldpay API|
|Payment Method creation by passing in Credit Card information||Submitting an order with a Credit Card, and then issue a ‘cancelOrRefund’ type of order modification on the same order.|
|Payment Creation||Authorize an order with credit card, and issue a ‘capture’ type of order modification.|
|Void the Authorization||Issue a ‘cancelOrRefund’ type of order modification on the payment order.|
|Void the Payment||Issue a ‘cancel’ type of order modification on the payment order.|
|Refund Creation||Issue a ‘refund’ type of order modification on the payment order.|
|Payment Inquiry||Inquiry on the payment order.|
Support for 3D Secure 2.0
Access Worldpay and Worldpay 1.4 support 3D Secure 2.0 (3DS2) feature. See the following articles for more information:
Support for stored credential profiles
Access Worldpay and Worldpay 1.4 include support for the Stored Credential Transactions framework. For details about the supported payment methods, see Support for stored credential transactions overview.
Support for Gateway Reconciliation
To enable and configure Gateway Reconciliation on Access Worldpay or Worldpay 1.4, see Configure Worldpay Gateway Reconciliation for more information.
Support for Payment Method Updater
To set up the Worldpay Payment Method Updater service in Zuora, see Configure Worldpay Payment Method Updater for more information.
Additional gateway information
If an order ID is passed in a Zuora API call, this ID has to be unique for each payment. If no ID is passed in, Zuora will generate a 32-character random alphanumeric value for Payment Method creation, or use our internal IDs (constructed as tenant ID + payment number) for Payment creation requests, to ensure uniqueness.
Reverting a Payment
It’s recommended to use the void payment option within 15 minutes of the payment request, and only use the refund option after 90 minutes has elapsed. Worldpay doesn’t indicate if an order qualifies for void or refund in the void/refund response, so Zuora marks the void/refund request as processed to indicate the gateway received the request, regardless of whether the request will succeed or fail later on.
Worldpay supports sending order notifications and financial reports by email to the merchant. This feature is implemented and maintained by Worldpay.
For Access Worldpay:
- JCB, Diners Club, and Discover credit cards are available only for US transactions. Access Worldpay has acquiring capabilities for US domestic for only these 3 card types.
- JCB and Diners Club cards do not currently support the $0 default authorization amount.
- 3DS2 offering will fallback to 3DS1 if the card issuer does not yet support 3DS2 or the
deviceData.collectionReferencevalue is not included in the authentication request.
- Payouts (credit transactions) are only supported by Visa and Mastercard card brands.
- A delay of up to 15 minutes is applicable after you successfully verify a payment method before you can actually make a payment. Attempting to create a payment immediately after verifying a payment method will result in a
404error. Similarly, this delay is also applicable between successfully submitting a payment and attempting to immediately refund or cancel the payment.
- Your Access Worldpay credentials must have Fast Access supported to enable the Fast Access payouts feature. Fast Access allows payouts or credit operations to be received within 30 minutes for supported payment methods. Payment methods that do not support Fast Access will default to Standard Payouts which process within 3-5 days. To find out if your credentials are enabled for Fast Access, contact an implementation manager for Access Worldpay.