The Notes feature adds commenting functionality to the Collections Window and Disputes features of Collect. With this feature, you can add or reply to comments, mention other users or upload files in comments, and export notes.
In Notes, you can export notes that are made from the Collections Window or Disputes features.
To export notes in the Notes feature:
- Navigate to the Export tab of Notes.
- Select a data source to export notes from.
- Accounts: This data source contains notes that are added to customer accounts in Collections Window.
- Disputes: This data source contains notes that are added in Disputes.
- Invoices: This data source contains notes that are added to invoices in Collections Window.
- Optional: Filter the notes by attribute values.
- For the Accounts data source, you can export notes for all accounts (default), or filter notes by account ID or account number.
- For the Disputes data source, you can export notes for all disputes (default), or filter notes by dispute number.
- For the Invoices data source, you can export notes for all invoices (default), or filter notes by invoice ID or invoice number.
- Optional: Select the time zone for the export operation.
This time zone selection will be used to arrange the notes based on the same time zone. In the exported file, timestamps of the notes will be converted to the configured time zone. It does not affect the date and time when a note was added. If no time zone is selected, the UTC time zone (default) will be used.
- Click Export. The notes will be saved into a CSV file. Exported files will be available for download for seven days.
Configure authorized dispute amounts and escalation points
Admins in your organization can configure the escalation points and authorized dispute amounts for agents.
Authorized disputes amounts are applied to the Disputes feature. For each standard user, there is an authorized amount. If the disputed amount is greater than the authorized amount, the standard user must escalate the dispute to another person (manager or admin) for further processing. You can set an authorized amount for an admin, but the amount limit will not apply.
Escalation points are applied to both Disputes and Collections Window. Escalation points are people that are responsible for handling escalated disputes in Disputes or overdue collection tasks in Collections Window.
- In the Users tab, locate the user that you want to configure escalation point or authorized dispute amount for.
- Click the menu icon and select Edit.
- Select the escalation point and specify the authorized amount for the user. Click Update to save the settings.
Manage user groups
The Groups tab shows the user groups that have been created in your organization.
The user group feature is in the Early Adopter program. We will improve the feature based on feedback from early adopters, and aim to make it generally available soon.
A user group can be created for easier communication within a group of agents. By typing "@" and then the group name, you can mention a group by the group name in a note in Collections Window. After a group is mentioned in a note, all users in the group will receive an email about the message, as well as a notification in Collections Window.
Only admins can modify the name and description of a group, or adjust the members in a group.
Create a user group
- In the Groups tab, click the add icon. The new group window opens.
- Enter a name to identify the group. To make it easier to remember and mention, a short name without spaces is recommended.
- Enter some description of the group.
- Enter agent names or email addresses, one by one, in the text field at the bottom. You can type two letters from the name or email address to trigger the auto-prompt function.
A user can be added to multiple groups.
- Click Create.
After a group is created, you can start mentioning it in notes in Collections Window. You can edit or delete a group.
Edit a group
Only admins of your organization can edit a group.
- In the Groups tab, find the group that you want to edit.
- Click the menu icon to the left of the group, and select Edit.
- On the edit group page, edit the name or description, or adjust members.
- Click Update to save your changes.
Delete a group
Only admins of your organization can delete a group.
- In the Groups tab, find the group that you want to delete.
- Click the menu icon to the left of the group, and select Delete.
A window pops out asking you to confirm the deletion.
- Click OK to confirm the deletion.
The group is now deleted. The notes in which this group is mentioned will not be deleted.
View members in a group
In the Users tab, click on the Select Group field and select the group that you want to view its members. Members of the selected group will be displayed.