Application Lifecycle Management incorporates various stages of testing such as Unit testing, Integration testing, and UAT. It is essential to populate testing environments with relevant and realistic data. Data migration tools are fundamental components of the data movement process.
Zuora offers a package of the following self-service data migration tools:
- MetaData Deployments - Zuora offers multiple ways to replicate configurations from source to target tenants.
- Zuora Deployment Manager: Enables you with a self-service interface to seamlessly transfer metadata from a source tenant to a target tenant. Using Zuora Deployment Manager, you can effortlessly compare and validate tenant discrepancies, select specific components you want to deploy and initiate the deployment process. Deployment Manager functions seamlessly across various environments as it is environment-agnostic. For more information, see Deployment Manager.
- Configuration Templates: Enables you to create dynamic configuration templates for deploying metadata. These templates are reusable allowing numerous deployments across all environments. You can download these templates in JSON format for easy storage in GIT repositories or any CICD pipeline repository for automation. You may save configurations from your Golden tenant as a template, which can be utilized for multiple deployments. The developers can save a subset of configurations from production in a template, upload it to developer orgs, test their changes, and release them upstream. For more information, see Configuration Templates.
- Metadata Deployments with APIs: Metadata APIs enable developers and administrators to programmatically access and deploy configurations from source to target tenants. For more information about metadata APIs, see API References.
- Transactional Data - The following tools in Zuora enable you to perform data-related actions on Billing objects. The most frequent actions are import, update, create, and export.
- Developer Tools: Developer tools are a collection of micro applications with the capability to carry out data migration tasks on the Billing objects. It supports import through CSV, update, delete, and export. For more information, see Developer Tools.
- Data Loader: This tool for the Billing Platform provides a self-service user interface, dynamic templates, and in-line edits for modifying data, ensuring data accuracy. The tool represents the latest release to the Billing Platform, introducing a self-service user interface. It is equipped with dynamic templates and in-line editing capabilities. This ensures the accuracy of the data migrated. For more information, see Data Loader.
- Mass Updater: This tool allows you to perform mass update actions asynchronously. For more information, see Mass Updater.
The Application Lifecycle Management framework in the Zuora Billing Platform provides guidance on the best practices for using Zuora CPQ and Zuora Connect for Salesforce. For more information, see Salesforce Refresh Best Practices.
To learn more about Application Lifecycle Management and data migration tools, go through the following resources: