Set up and configure a BlueSnap gateway instance
Set up and configure a BlueSnap gateway instance by using the information in this article, including the configuration procedure, descriptions of the configuration fields, and references for testing the payment gateway.
Take the following steps to set up and configure a BlueSnap gateway instance:
- Navigate to Settings > Payments > Setup Payment Gateway.
- Click Gateway Type fand select BlueSnap, Payment API v2.0.
- Click create gateway.
- Specify the field values. For more information about each field, see "Configuration fields".
- Click save gateway information.
Common configuration fields
The following are the common configuration fields you must specify for all gateways. See Setting Up Payment Gateways for the general information about setting up a payment gateway and specifying the values for the common fields:
- Use Gateway Test Environment
- Cards Accepted
- Default Authorization Amount
- Verify new payment method (optional)
- Verify updated payment method (optional)
Additional required fields
In addition to the common fields, you must provide the following field values that are specific to the BlueSnap gateway. All the fields are required:
- Username: Username for the BlueSnap API. Follow the steps at BlueSnap Payment API Credentials to create a username for BlueSnap API.
- Password: Password for the BlueSnap API. Follow the steps at BlueSnap Payment API Credentials to create a password for BlueSnap API.
- Soft Descriptor: Your DBA (doing business as) name as it appeared on your shopper's credit card statement. This field is required by BlueSnap for each payment request. The example format looks like BLS*CompanyName 2125552222.
- The CompanyName portion of the descriptor supports 20 alphanumeric and special characters: '&', ',', '.', '-', '#'.
- The phone number supports 0-9 numbers and should contain your customer support phone number.
- Merchant's Company Name: This field is required if your customers try to add an ACH payment method and select "Business Checking" as the account type. The BlueSnap payment gateway requires that the Company Name is included in the request if the account type is
CORPORATE_CHECKING; otherwise, the gateway will mark the transaction as "failed". The value is a maximum of 50 characters. Zuora recommends you to always specify this field for both existing and new gateway instances.
Additional optional fields
- Enable L2: By selecting this checkbox, you are agreeing to send extra information related to a transaction in order to qualify for certain purchasing interchange rates. The extra information is required by the gateway, which must be submitted to achieve Level 2 Interchange rates for Visa and MasterCard. For more information about Zuora's support for Level 2 data, see Level 2 and Level 3 Card Data.
- Enable L3: By selecting this checkbox, you are agreeing to send extra information related to a transaction in order to qualify for certain purchasing interchange rates. The extra information is required by the gateway, which must be submitted to achieve Level 3 Interchange rates for Visa and MasterCard. For more information about Zuora's support for Level 3 data, see Level 2 and Level 3 Card Data.
- Custom Field Commodity Code API Name: This is the API Name of the commodity code custom field. Commodity code is one of the mandatory fields to qualify for Visa Level 3 Interchange rates. This custom field must be created in the product rate plan charge level.
- Enable gateway reconciliation: This checkbox is used to enable the Gateway Reconciliation feature for your BlueSnap gateway instance.
- Transaction Order Source: To configure a BlueSnap gateway instance to process MOTO payment transactions with Credit Card payment methods, select MOTO for this field. The MOTO payment indicator will be passed to the gateway. All transactions through this gateway instance will be processed as the MOTO payment transactions. The subsequent recurring transactions under the agreement made through the MOTO transaction will be processed by another BlueSnap gateway instance with Transaction Order Source set to None (defer to gateway).
If you only want to indicate a specific transaction as a MOTO transaction without configuring a gateway instance for MOTO transactions, use the
TransactionOrderSourcegateway options field. See Overview of BlueSnap gateway integration for more information about the gateway options field.
Test the configuration
We recommend that you test your payment gateway by using both your payment gateway's test and production (live) environments. Once you have completed testing in the gateway's test environment, it is recommended that you perform a test in your live production environment with a real credit card. If there are any differences in the configuration of your testing and production accounts, testing in production ensures your production merchant account is set up properly and can successfully connect to the production environment.
You can use the test card information and testing scenarios provided by the gateway vendor to test your integration. See the following documents in BlueSnap Support Guides for details.