Set up and configure a First Data Payeezy gateway instance
Set up and configure a First Data Payeezy gateway instance by using the information in this article, including configuration procedure and descriptions of the configuration fields.
Perform the following steps to set up and configure a First Data Payeezy gateway instance in Zuora:
- Click your username in the upper right and navigate to Settings > Payments > Setup Payment Gateway.
- Select First Data Payeezy from the Gateway Type drop-down list.
- Click Create Gateway.
- On the gateway settings page, specify values for the configuration fields. See below for more information on the fields.
- Click Save Gateway Information.
Common configuration fields
There are some common fields you must complete for every gateway configuration. We recommend reviewing Setting Up Payment Gateways for information on these fields:
- Name: Choose a name that identifies this payment gateway. We recommend using a name that helps your users identify the gateway.
- Use Gateway Test Environment: Select this check box if you want Billing to use the payment gateway's test service URL. This allows you to test payment transactions while you are setting up your Billing.
- Cards Accepted: Select the credit cards that you accept.
- Default Authorization Amount: The minimum default amount used to process a payment. For American Express payments, a minimum of $1.00 is required.
- Verify new payment method (optional): With this checkbox selected, the validate call is triggered for any supported payment method when a new payment method is created.
- Verify updated payment method (optional): With this checkbox selected, the validate call is triggered for any supported payment method when an existing payment method is updated.
The merchant must contact FirstData to obtain the Token, API Key and API Secret prior to setting up the FirstData Payeezy gateway.
- Token: This is the token associated with the merchant account and is used to identify the merchant.
- API Key: The API Key is a unique identifier used to determine API access right for the FirstData merchant account.
- API Secret: The secret key is an encryption/decryption key unique to the merchant account and is used to receive or retrieve data.
Specific configuration fields
- Default to 0 auth for supported card types (optional): When this check box is selected, any amount entered in the Default Authorization Amount field will have no effect for supported credit cards, such as Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and Credit Card Reference Transaction payment types.
- Credit Card Payment Transaction Type (optional): This field indicates the credit card transaction type for non-stored credential payments.
- Static Soft Descriptor (optional): Enter this field to pass the
DBANamesoft descriptor field to the gateway to indicate the name of a business. It is equivalent to the
SoftDescriptorfield in Zuora API operations. The character limit is 21 characters. Zuora recommends that you refer to the following Payeezy documentation to understand how to use soft descriptors:
- Static Soft Descriptor Phone (optional): Enter this field to pass the
Citysoft descriptor to the gateway. It is equivalent to the
SoftDescriptorPhonefield in Zuora API operations. The character limit is 10 characters. Visa requires that MOTO merchants put a phone number in this field. Ecommerce merchants may use this field for a URL, email address, or phone number. Zuora recommends that you refer to the following Payeezy documentation to understand how to use soft descriptors: