ACH payment method verification is supported through the ValidiFi account validation service in Zuora. The new or updated ACH account information is passed to ValidiFi for verification, and then the valid payment method information is saved in Zuora. To verify the new or updated ACH payment methods, you must enable the support for ValidiFi service in Zuora.
Before you begin
Ensure that you have an active account in ValidiFi. The API Key and API password to your ValidiFi account will be required to enable the support for ValidiFi service in Zuora.
Enable the support for ValidiFi service by following these steps:
- Submit a request to Zuora Global Support to enable the ValidiFi service for your tenant. In your request, include the tenant ID of the entity, such as 3000364.
- After the ValidiFi service is enabled for your tenant, set up a ValidiFi gateway instance in the entity with the following configurations. For how to set up a gateway instance, see Set up payment gateways.
- Type: Select ValidiFi.
- Name: Specify a name for this gateway instance.
- Use Gateway Test Environment: Selected.
- API Key and API Password: Obtain this information from your ValidiFi account.
- Default Authorization Amount: Defaults to $1. Customize it as needed.
- Verify new payment method: Selected.
- Verify updated payment method: Selected.
- Service Type: Select one of the following types:
- Account Validation - Standard 2.0 (64)
- Account Validation - Basic (73)
- Account Validation - Basic 2.0 (82)
- Lowest No Risk AVC Level: Select a value to define the lowest AVC level to be treated as no risk. The AVC levels, defined by ValidiFi, range from AVC0 to AVC11 and serve as indicators of fraud risk, with AVC0 indicating the highest risk and AVC11 the lowest. The value of the Lowest No Risk AVC Level field defines the threshold of the AVC level for approving the creation of ACH payment methods in Zuora. The default value is AVC6. When creating an ACH payment method, if the risk level of the result code returned from the gateway is higher than the risk level of the threshold, the creation of the ACH payment method will fail. The following table shows examples.
Value of Lowest No Risk AVC Level Result code Transaction status of payment method creation AVC5 AVC6 Approved AVC5 Approved AVC3 Declined
For more information about AVC levels, please contact ValidiFi Support.
- Submit a request to Zuora Global Support to apply the properties of the ValidiFi gateway instance to all gateway instances in the entity. In your request, include the tenant ID and the ValidiFi gateway instance ID. You can find the ValidiFi gateway instance ID in the URL of the gateway editing page.
- On the settings page for the gateway instance to process payments, ensure that the following two settings are selected:
- Verify new payment method
- Verify updated payment method