To find out more information about the communication between Zuora and the gateway for payment method creation, verification, and payment processing, export the payment method transaction log and payment transaction log described in this article. The following information is included in the transaction logs:
- Gateway provider’s API endpoints that Zuora used for the request
- Fields in the request
- Fields returned in the response
You can use the information in the transaction logs to understand the process or troubleshoot issues.
To export the transaction logs, perform the following steps:
- In the Zuora UI, navigate to Reporting > Data Sources.
- In the Data Source field, select the transaction log:
- For payment method creation, select Payment Method Transaction Log.
- For payment processing, select Payment Transaction Log.
- Select fields to be exported. Ensure that the Request String and Response String fields are selected.
- Add filters, such as the account number in Zuora, the payment number, the time frame, and so on.
- Click Export.
The transaction log will be available in the file list for downloading when it is ready. Open the log and use the information in Request String and Response String to find out the API calls that Zuora sends to the gateway, the request fields, response fields, and the unique identifier returned by the gateway for the payment method or payment. You might need to look into both the request string and the response string to analyze and find out this information. When troubleshooting issues, you can send the information in Request String and Response String to the payment gateway provider’s support or Zuora support for further investigation.
For more information about the data sources, see the following articles:
To find out more information about payment processing transactions, you can also retrieve the same information in the Payment Lifecycle section of the payment detail page as in the payment transaction log. For more information about the Payment Lifecycle section of the payment detail page, see Review and edit payments.