When processing payments, if appropriate confirmation is not received from the gateway, Zuora keeps the transaction in Processing status to prevent duplicate transactions from being attempted on the same billing documents. If you have a payment stuck in Processing status, complete the following steps to update the status.
Step 1. Retrieve the latest status
- From the Zuora UI, search for the payment in Processing status by navigating to Payments > Search Payments and enter the payment number.
- From your search results, click the payment number link to access the Payment Detail page. When a user accesses the Payment Detail page, Zuora will attempt to retrieve the payment status from the gateway.
- If the payment status is available, the payment status in Zuora will be updated to either Error or Processed.
- If the payment status is still indeterminate or unavailable, the payment will remain in Processing status and you can proceed to the following step 2.
Step 2. Update the status manually
Updating status manually is only available in Zuora UI with New Zuora Experience disabled.
Zuora supports idempotent retry or inquiry call on some gateway integrations to automatically resolve payments stuck in Processing status. This process usually takes up to 48 hours. If the payment has been stuck in processing for more than 48 hours, regardless of whether the gateway integration supports idempotent retry or inquiry call, an Update Payment Status link will be available next to the Status field and the Error Message field on the Payment Detail page. Complete the following steps to manually update the payment status.
The payment status can be manually updated only once. After you update the status by using the following procedure, the payment status cannot be changed anymore. If you update the payment status incorrectly, create an external payment or refund to balance the amount.
- On the Payment Detail page, click the Update Payment Status link next to the Status field or the Error Message field.
- On the Stuck Payment Status Update page, fill in the following fields. The values of the following fields are generated by the gateway provider. Check your gateway console or contact the gateway support to retrieve the values.
- Transaction ID: Optional. If the payment was processed successfully on the gateway side, the gateway associates a transaction ID with the payment request from Zuora, and will validate this ID during the refund. If the payment has not been received by the gateway, leave this field empty.
- Gateway State: Required. If the payment has been processed successfully on the gateway side and you want to update the payment status to Processed, select Submitted. Otherwise, select Not Submitted to set the payment to Error and start the retry.
- Gateway Response Code: Optional. The response code returned by the gateway for the payment.
- Gateway Response MSG: Optional. The response message returned by the gateway to further explain the Gateway Response Code.
- Transaction Result Code: Required. If the payment has reached the gateway and you want to update the payment status to Processed, select Approved. Otherwise, select another value that you get from the gateway to set the payment to Error and start the retry.
- Click Add Transaction Log and Update Payment.
The payment status will be updated to either Processed or Error, and the information you provided will be populated to the following fields of the transaction log in Zuora.
|Information from gateway
|Field in Zuora transaction log
Gateway Transaction ID
Gateway Response Code
Gateway Response Code
Gateway Response MSG
Gateway Response Code Description
Transaction Result Code
This field will be saved in Zuora but cannot be retrieved through any query or reporting tools.