Set up and configure a Braintree v2.0 payment gateway instance by using the information in this article, including prerequisites, configuration procedure, descriptions of the configuration fields, and references for testing the payment gateway.
Before you set up and configure a Braintree v2.0 payment gateway instance on your tenant, enable the Braintree v2.0 payment gateway integration for your tenant. See Enable payment gateway integrations for your tenant for instructions.
Take the following steps to set up and configure a Braintree gateway instance:
- Click your username in the upper right and navigate to Settings > Payments > Setup Payment Gateway.
- On the Configure Gateway Instance tab, select Braintree v2.0 from the Gateway Type drop-down list, and then click Create Gateway.
- On the gateway settings page, specify values for the configuration fields. See the following "Configuration fields" section for more information on the fields.
- Click Save Gateway Information.
- Name: Specify a name for the gateway instance.
- Use Gateway Test Environment: If you want to use the Braintree gateway test environment, select this checkbox.
The following credentials provided by Braintree must be configured. When a merchant account is set up with the Braintree gateway, the following information is assigned by the gateway. The information is used to identify the account through which the transaction will be processed. Obtain the values for these fields from the Braintree Merchant Console.
- Merchant Id: A unique identifier for your gateway account.
- Merchant Account Id: You can have multiple merchant accounts to process transactions for different businesses or currencies within your Braintree gateway. Each merchant account will be associated with a unique merchant account ID.
- Public Key: User-specific public identifier.
- Private Key: User-specific secure identifier that should not be shared.
- Default Authorization Amount: The default amount cannot be overridden. The validation amount is determined by Braintree.
- Verify new payment method: If you want the payment methods to be verified when creating them, select this checkbox. By default, this checkbox is selected.
- Verify updated payment method: If you want the payment methods to be verified when updating them, select this checkbox. By default, this checkbox is selected.
- The following fields are related to Level 2 and Level 3 card data processing. See Level 2 and Level 3 card data support for Braintree v2.0 for details.
- Enable Level 2 Processing
- Enable Level 3 Processing
- ProductCode Custom Field API Name
- CommodityCode Custom Field API Name
Test the configuration
We recommend that you test your payment gateway using both your payment gateway's test and production (live) environments. Once you have completed testing in the gateway's test environment, it is recommended that you perform a test in your live production environment with a real payment method. If there are any differences in the configuration of your testing and production accounts, testing in production ensures your production merchant account is set up properly and can successfully connect to the production environment.
You can use the test information and testing scenarios provided by the gateway vendor to test your integration. For more information, see Braintree’s documentation.