The following table provides a quick reference for the supported features. For details about each feature, see the later sections in this article.
|Supported payment methods
|ACH, Apple Pay, Credit Card/Gift Card/Prepaid Card, SEPA
|Supported payment operations
|Validate, Payment, Referenced Refund
|Support 3D Secure 2.0
|Support Delayed Capture
|Support Level 2 and Level 3 card data
|Support stored credential transactions
|Support Gateway Options fields
|Checkout.com production endpoint used for Zuora gateway integration service
|Support Gateway Reconciliation
|Checkout.com production endpoint used for Gateway Reconciliation service
|Support Payment Method Updater
|Yes (Visa, MasterCard)
|Checkout.com production endpoint used for PMU service
Supported payment methods
The Checkout.com gateway integration supports the following payment methods:
- Credit Card/Gift Card/Prepaid Card, including:
- American Express
- Diners Club
- China Union Pay
- Apple Pay
For more information about setting up payment methods in Zuora, see Define and set up payment methods.
Support for mandate creation
Among the supported payment methods, Zuora supports mandate creation for SEPA payment methods. Zuora will generate and pass the mandate to the gateway.
Support for ACH
- ACH payment method verification on Checkout.com is supported through the ValidiFi account validation service. See Enable the support for ValidiFi account validation for ACH for details.
- When adding an ACH payment method to a Corporate type of account, you can pass in the company name information through the following approaches:
- The Account Holder Name field in Zuora UI
- The Account Holder Name field in Payment Pages
- The bankAccountName field of the Create a payment method REST API operation
The value passed in will be mapped to the
last_namefields. Zuora splits the string specified in the Account Holder Name field into two parts at the first space from the left. The first part will be passed to Checkout.com and populated in the
first_namefield. The second part will be passed and populated in the
last_namefield. Additionally, the company name passed in will also be mapped to the
Support for Apple Pay
Support for the Apple Pay payment method on Checkout.com is in the Early Adopter phase. We are actively soliciting feedback from a small set of early adopters.
Follow the instructions in Apple Pay on Web to learn how to configure Apple Pay in Zuora.
You can also refer to Checkout.com's Set up Apple Pay guide to get a better understanding of the Apple Pay setup. Note that you should skip Step 2: Add Checkout.com as a payment processor of this guide because Zuora's payment processing certificates will be used here.
For enablement requirements for processing Apple Pay payments in some regions, see Checkout.out documentation.
Supported payment operations
The Checkout.com integration supports the following payment operations:
- Referenced refund
Support for 3D Secure 2.0
Zuora's Checkout.com gateway integration provides support for 3DS2 through the embedded iFrame of Payment Pages 2.0. To enable 3DS2, see Enable 3DS2 for Checkout.com gateway integration and Zuora’s implementation of 3D Secure 2.0 for more information.
After 3DS2 is enabled in the Payment Pages settings, you can use the 3DS Challenge Indicator configuration field to indicate your preference for whether or not a 3DS challenge should be performed. See Additional configuration fields for more information.
The "Best practices" section in Zuora’s implementation of 3D Secure 2.0 also provides best practices for reducing the possibility of failed transactions due to 3DS2 authentication errors.
Support for stored credential profiles
The Checkout.com gateway integration includes support for the Stored Credential Transactions framework, but it does not support the sharing NTI feature. For details, see Support for stored credential transactions overview.
Support for Gateway Reconciliation
Gateway Reconciliation for Checkout.com is supported for Credit Card and SEPA payment methods. It is not available for ACH or Apple Pay for now.
The Checkout.com integration supports the following Gateway Reconciliation event types:
Before configuring and using Gateway Reconciliation for Checkout.com, complete the following tasks:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to add your merchant account's Daily-Full-Edition and Disputes Hub reports to Zuora's checkout.com gateway integration.
- Get your API key from Checkout.com dashboard. This API key is required for configuring Gateway Reconciliation for Checkout.com gateway integration when setting up the gateway integration.
- Contact Checkout.com to get your SFTP username. This SFTP username is required for configuring Gateway Reconciliation for Checkout.com gateway integration when setting up the gateway integration.
Checkout.com hosts an SFTP server for Zuora, where Checkout.com uploads transaction reports for merchants. These reports are aggregated in a single folder for each merchant. Each merchant folder contains its day-to-day reports. Two reports are generated on a daily basis, including a Full edition report and a Disputes report.
- The Full edition report contains settlements and rejections for credit cards and SEPA.
- The Disputes report contains chargeback data for credit cards and SEPA.
For the detailed columns in the two reports, see Checkout.com's documentation for more information.
For more information about enabling and configuring the Gateway Reconciliation service, see the following articles:
Support for Payment Method Updater
Zuora provides a Payment Method Updater to work with the Account Updater of Checkout.com. This feature helps keep Zuora and you informed when card members change, replace, or upgrade their card information. For more information, see Configure Checkout.com Payment Method Updater.
- Since Checkout.com uses auto-capture by default, payment requests are captured very quickly. Therefore, payments cannot be cancelled or voided using the Checkout.com gateway. Once made, payments can only be refunded later.
- Non-referenced refunds (credits) are not supported by the Checkout.com gateway integration.
- Gateway Reconciliation for Checkout.com is not supported for ACH or Apple Pay for now.