Set up and configure an NMI gateway instance by using the information in this article, including prerequisites, configuration procedure, and descriptions of the configuration fields.
Before setting up and configuring an NMI gateway instance, ensure that you have met the following requirements:
- Receive an account gateway account from your merchant services provider.
- Configure the payment gateway settings using the merchant account credentials. These credentials are used for the API calls in each payment operation.
- Enable the NMI payment gateway integration for your tenant. See Enable payment gateway integrations for your tenant for instructions.
Take the following steps to set up and configure an NMI gateway instance:
- Click your username in the upper right and navigate to Settings > Payments > Setup Payment Gateway.
- On the Configure Gateway Instance tab, select NMI from the Gateway Type drop-down list.
- Click Create Gateway.
- On the gateway settings page, specify values for the configuration fields. See below for more information on the fields.
- Click Save Gateway Information.
Common configuration fields
There are some common fields you must complete for every gateway configuration. We recommend reviewing Setting Up Payment Gateways for information on these fields:
Use Gateway Test Environment
For the NMI Gateway the Use Gateway Test Environment is unique in that it does not actually enable the testing environment for the gateway. In order to monitor their test transactions the customer will have to enter the merchant portal and enable Test Mode for their transactions (Settings > Test Mode > ‘Enable Test Mode’). It is best practice to check this setting if the test mode is enabled in the merchant portal.
Default Authorization Amount
The value for this field must be greater than or equal to 1.00 if the customer intends to on performing an authorization void. Otherwise, if the customer wants to do a validation without an authorization amount, then they would set this value to 0.
Verify new payment method (required)
Verify updated payment method (optional)
Specific configuration fields
In addition to the common fields, you must provide the following field values that are specific to the NMI gateway. The following fields are required.
Username: The username for the customer’s merchant portal. The username is required for all API calls.
Password: The password associated the username for the merchant account. This is required to authenticate all API calls.