Welcome to the release notes for Zuora Billing Release 279 (R279), June 2020.
For more information about the release notes of other Zuora products, see Zuora Release Notes.
Subscribe to Release Notifications in Zuora Community to receive notifications about Zuora Billing releases.
See API Changelog for a summary of REST API updates and documentation updates in the Zuora API Reference.
Enhancements for creating credit memo items from discount invoice items
This feature is only available if you have Invoice Settlement enabled. The Invoice Settlement feature is generally available as of Zuora Billing Release 296 (March 2021). This feature includes Unapplied Payments, Credit and Debit Memo, and Invoice Item Settlement. If you want to have access to the feature, see Invoice Settlement Enablement and Checklist Guide for more information.
Zuora has made enhancements for creating credit memo items from discount invoice items in the following scenarios:
- When you create credit memos from invoices, the credit memo item created from the corresponding discount invoice item now has the Discount processing type, instead of the previous Charge processing type.
- During invoice write-off or reversal, Zuora now supports creating credit memo items from discount invoice items.
- If a credit memo item is created from a discount invoice item, the former’s amount is the same as the latter’s balance before the discount is applied from the latter.
- The credit memo item created from a discount invoice item has the Discount processing type.
- If a credit memo item is created from a regular invoice item, the former’s amount is the same as the latter’s balance before the discount is applied to the latter.
All the enhancements are available only if you set the newly introduced Create credit memos mirroring invoice items billing rule to Yes but do not create for zero balance invoice items. See Define Billing Rules for more information.
Blacklisting cities now supported by Payment Pages 2.0
You can now define your own city blacklist for Payment Pages 2.0 to block end users in blacklisted cities from creating credit card payment methods. If end users specify blacklisted cities in the City field when entering their credit card information, an error message is displayed and the payment method cannot be created.
Note that you can also localize the blacklist cities and error messages. See Client Parameters for Payment Pages 2.0 for more information.
Checkout.com gateway integration now supports Gateway Reconciliation
Zuora’s checkout.com gateway integration now supports Gateway Reconciliation. The following events are available for reconciliation for all supported payment methods:
For more information, see Checkout.com payment gateway integration.
Saved Queries and Query History available in Data Query UI
Data Query now supports Saved Queries and Query History through User Interface. You can now:
Zuora Billing UI enhancements
Starting from Zuora Billing Release 278, we will make continuous enhancements to the Zuora Billing UI for better usability.
The following changes are available as of Zuora Billing Release 279, June 2020.
- In the following areas on the customer account details page, the view all and sort links are relocated from the right to the left, and all the action links have been changed to buttons:
- Subscriptions & Amendments area (only available if you have Orders disabled)
- Orders & Subscriptions area (only available if you have Orders enabled)
- Transactions area
- On the customer account details page, the default behavior changes in the collapsible Billing and Payment Info and Electronic Payment Methods areas.
- Both areas are collapsed the first time you open any account page in a browser.
- If you switch to any other accounts in the same browser, the collapsed/expanded state of the two areas depends on the latest account details page where you just performed collapse or expansion actions.