The Invoice Settlement feature is generally available as of Zuora Billing Release 296 (March 2021). This feature includes Unapplied Payments, Credit and Debit Memo, and Invoice Item Settlement. If you want to have access to the feature, see Invoice Settlement Enablement and Checklist Guide for more information.
With the Invoice Settlement feature enabled, credit and debit memos are available in your Zuora Billing tenant. Like invoices, credit and debit memos are legal documents vendors issue to their customers. They are used to correct charge mistakes on invoices and to manage the balance due on a particular invoice or account. For more information about the Invoice Settlement feature, see Invoice Settlement.
Billing - Revenue Integration supports syncing and transforming the Credit Memo and Debit Memo objects into Zuora Revenue Line Staging tables. After Invoice Settlement is enabled on the Zuora Billing side, you must configure your Zuora Revenue org accordingly to work with the Invoice Settlement feature.
Ensure that you have enabled the Invoice Settlement feature for your Zuora Billing tenant.
Take the following steps to enable Invoice Settlement on the Zuora Revenue side:
- In the Zuora Revenue UI, navigate to File Upload > Transactions/Cost.
- Make a copy of the following standard Invoice Settlement templates and customize them as needed for each entity:
- Subscription Credit Memo Template (Pre-Configured)
- Subscription Debit Memo Template (Pre-Configured)
- For the templates that you want to use for Revenue Sync, toggle the Is this a default template? switch to Yes. Revenue Sync jobs will pick up and transform data based on only the default templates.
- Navigate to Reports > Schedule Jobs.
- Select RevPro3.0 Sync Object Mapping from the Program Name dropdown list, and configure this program as needed. Note that in the Program Parameters tab, you must set the value for the Invoice Settle Enabled parameter as
Y. See Schedule Jobs for more information about how to configure a program.
- Run a one-off Revenue Sync job to sync the history data for the Credit Memo and Debit Memo objects. See Run Revenue Sync jobs for more information.