Checkout.com allows you to build flexible payment flows, collect payments quickly and securely, and accept payments from various payment methods. Zuora’s integration with Checkout.com makes it simple to accept recurring and one-off payments via credit cards, bank transfer, or ACH.
In addition, Zuora provides a Payment Method Updater to work with the Account Updater of Checkout.com. This feature helps keep Zuora and you informed when card members change, replace, or upgrade their card information. For more information, see Configure Checkout.com Payment Method Updater.
Supported payment methods
The checkout.com gateway integration supports the following payment methods:
- Credit Cards, including:
- American Express
- Diners Club
- China Union Pay
Stored credential transactions
The checkout.com gateway integration supports the Stored Credential Transactions framework of Visa and Mastercard.
Supported payment operations
The checkout.com integration supports the following payment operations:
Supported Gateway Reconciliation event types
The checkout.com integration supports the following Gateway Reconciliation event types for all supported payment methods:
Compliance with PSD2
The checkout.com gateway integration provides support for 3D Secure 2.0. To learn how to enable 3D Secure 2.0 for checkout.com, see Enable 3DS2 for Checkout.com gateway integration.
Set up checkout.com integration
After the checkout.com gateway integration is enabled in your tenant, set up the payment gateway.
- Click your username at the top right, and navigate to Settings > Payments > Set Up Payment Gateway.
- From the Gateway Type dropdown list, select checkout.com.
- Click create gateway.
- Complete the information for the gateway instance. See below for more information about the fields.
- Click save gateway information.
Common configuration fields
There are some common fields you must complete for every gateway configuration. Zuora recommends that you review Setting Up Payment Gateways for information about these fields:
- Use Gateway Test Environment
- Cards Accepted
- Default Authorization Amount: This field is used only for credit card validation. You can validate the credit card payment method using 0 or non-zero authorization amount. Defaults to 1 in Zuora.
- Verify new payment method (optional):
With this checkbox selected, the validate call is triggered for any supported payment method when a new payment method is created.
For ACH and SEPA, Source ID from checkout.com must be entered in the MandateID field during the payment method creation if this checkbox is selected.
- Verify updated payment method (optional):
With this checkbox selected, the validate call is triggered for any supported payment method when an existing payment method is updated.
This checkbox must be selected for ACH and SEPA to have updated payment information reflected in checkout.com.
- Enable gateway reconciliation: If you select this checkbox, it will trigger a daily job to reconcile all payment events processed through the gateway. See the Gateway Reconciliation for checkout.com section below for details.
Additional configuration fields
The following fields are specific to this gateway integration:
- API Key: It is required by all endpoints for authentication. This field corresponds to the secret key in your Checkout.com merchant account. You can obtain it by navigating to Settings > Channels.
- SFTP Username (optional): This field is required for Gateway Reconciliation. Enter your Zuora username for this field. Your Zuora username and public key will be used to access the SFTP server. See the Gateway Reconciliation for checkout.com section below for more information about Gateway Reconciliation.
- Default Soft Descriptor (optional): The default soft descriptor for payments. It is required for all Direct Debit payment methods.
- Merchant's Company Name (optional): This field is required if your customers try to add an ACH payment method and select Business Checking as the account type. The checkout.com payment gateway requires that the Company Name is included in the request if the account type is
corporate; otherwise, the gateway will mark the transaction as
failed. The value is a maximum of 50 characters. Zuora recommends that you always specify this field for both existing and new gateway instances.
Gateway Reconciliation for checkout.com
Before using Gateway Reconciliation for checkout.com, you have to send an email to email@example.com to add your merchant account's Daily-Full-Edition and Disputes Hub reports to Zuora's checkout.com gateway integration.
Zuora set up an SFTP server where Checkout.com uploads transaction reports for merchants. These reports are aggregated in a single folder for each merchant. Each merchant folder contains its day-to-day reports. Two reports are generated on a daily basis, including a Full edition report and a Disputes report.
- The Full edition report contains settlements and rejections for credit cards, ACH, and SEPA.
- The Disputes report contains chargeback data for credit cards, ACH, and SEPA.
For the detailed columns in the two reports, see Checkout.com's documentation for more information.
- Since Checkout.com uses auto-capture by default, payment requests are captured very quickly. Therefore, payments cannot be cancelled or voided using the Checkout.com gateway. Once made, payments can only be refunded later.
- Non-referenced refunds (credits) are not supported by the checkout.com gateway integration.