You can manually create Revenue Schedules for existing Invoice Items and Invoice Item Adjustments. You can create revenue schedules for these transactions even if they have a transaction date that is before your Revenue Automation Start Date.
If you want to create revenue schedules for subscription charges, see Manually Create Revenue Schedules for Subscription Charges.
How to Create Revenue Schedules for Existing Transactions
You can use the Mass Updater or REST API to create revenue schedules that link to existing Invoice Items or Invoice Item Adjustments.
For the Mass Updater, use the Create Revenue Schedules mass action.
For REST API, use the following methods:
- Create a revenue schedule for an Invoice Item (distribute by date range)
- Create a revenue schedule for an Invoice Item (manual distribution)
- Create a revenue schedule for an Invoice Item Adjustment (distribute by date range)
- Create a revenue schedule for an Invoice Item Adjustment (manual distribution)
Revenue Schedule Properties Inherited from the Transaction
When you create a revenue schedule linking to an existing transaction, the revenue schedule inherits the following properties from the transaction. You cannot change these properties.
Revenue Schedule Date
The Revenue Schedule Date is inherited from the Transaction Date.
For example, if you create a revenue schedule for an Invoice Item, and the Invoice Item belongs to an invoice with an Invoice Date of 1/1/2016, then the revenue schedule will have a Revenue Schedule Date of 1/1/2016.
Revenue Schedule Amount
The Revenue Schedule Amount is inherited from the Transaction Amount.
For example, if you create a revenue schedule for an Invoice Item with a Charge Amount of $10, the Revenue Schedule Amount will be $10.
The accounting codes used by the revenue schedule are inherited from the accounting codes of the transaction.
The following limitations exist when creating a revenue schedule for an existing transaction:
- You can create revenue schedules only for transactions that are not already linked with a revenue schedule.
- You can create revenue schedules only for transactions that are posted or processed.
- You cannot create revenue schedules for pre-paid Invoice Items.
- You cannot delete a revenue schedule once it is linked to a transaction.
- You cannot update the revenue schedule date if you change the transaction date by un-posting the transaction and posting it again.