This feature is in the Early Adopters phase. We are actively soliciting feedback from a small set of early adopters before releasing as generally available. If you want to have access to the feature, submit a request at Zuora Global Support or contact your Account Executive, and provide the ID of the Salesforce org on which you want to enable CPQ X.
This article provides step-by-step instructions on how to install the CPQ X.
- Ensure that you understand CPQ X limitations.
- If you have installed an earlier version of Zuora Quotes, ensure that the following requirements are met:
- If you are new to CPQ, ensure that Orders or Orders Harmonization is enabled for your Zuora tenant.
CPQ X has a dependency on the Zuora Quotes package. Therefore, you must install or upgrade to the latest version of Zuora Quotes before installing the CPQ X package.
Take the following steps to install CPQ X:
- Submit a request at Zuora Global Support to ask for the latest Zuora Quotes package link and the CPQ X package link, and provide your Salesforce Org ID that has Orders enabled.
- Upgrade or install Zuora Quotes.
- Navigate to the installation package link provided by Zuora and log in to Salesforce as a system administrator. The installation page opens.
- Select Install for All Users.
- If you have installed an earlier version of Zuora Quotes, click Upgrade. The installation process starts, and you will receive an automated email when the installation completes.
- If you are new to Zuora Quotes, click Install, select the Yes, grant access to these third-party web sites check box, then click Continue. The installation starts, and you will receive a notification email when the installation completes.
- Install the CPQ X package.
- Click the CPQ X installation package link.
- On the installation page, select Install for All Users, and click Install. The following dialog opens:
- Select the Yes, grant access to these third-party web sites check box, and click Continue. Then the installation starts. Once the installation completes, you will receive a notification email.
Note: Amplitude is a service we use to monitor usage data such as page views and quote submission counts. It is exclusively used for product improvement purposes, and no personal identifiable information (PII) will be stored or shared.
What to do next
If you are an existing Zuora Quotes user, you can proceed to configure CPQ X in your Salesforce org.
- The Store Existing Products setting in Advanced Quoting Configuration Settings is enabled.
- The Default Trigger Dates setting in Quote Configuration Settings is enabled.