If you are experiencing performance issues with CPQ X, there is a critical setting to review that might help improve the situation. In this article, we will guide you through the process of addressing performance problems by configuring Lightning Web Security (LWS) settings.
You might have encountered slow performance while using CPQ X. This can be caused by certain security settings that impact the loading of user interface (UI) elements.
For instance, performance issues may have arisen when switching between intervals, particularly in the case of ramp deals.
To address these performance issues, follow these steps:
Step 1: Navigate to Setup
- Log in to your Salesforce account.
- Click on "Setup" located in the upper right-hand corner of the interface.
Step 2: Access Session Settings
- In the Setup menu, scroll down to the "Security" section.
- Under "Security," click on "Session Settings."
Step 3: Configure Lightning Web Security
- Locate the setting called "Use Lightning Web Security for Lightning web components and Aura components."
- Salesforce suggests that enabling this setting activates Lightning Web Security (LWS) in place of Lightning Locker, which enhances the security of Lightning web components and Aura components.
Deactivating this setting allows all UI elements to load, facilitating inspection by developers. However, it may lead to performance degradation, especially when pages contain numerous UI elements.
Salesforce strongly advises enabling the "Use Lightning Web Security for Lightning web components and Aura components" setting to ensure the best balance between security and performance. By doing so, you can maintain the integrity of your CPQ X application while avoiding unnecessary performance bottlenecks.
For more information on Lightning Web Security and when to enable it, Salesforce offers several helpful articles:
Following these steps and recommendations, you can address performance issues in CPQ X and optimize the performance.