Zuora is pre-integrated with the Merchant e-Solutions Account Updater Service. This article explains how to configure the Merchant e-Solutions Payment Method Updater in Zuora to work with the Merchant e-Solutions Account Updater service for Visa and MasterCard.
Set Up the Merchant e-Solutions Payment Method Updater
To set up the Merchant e-Solutions Payment Method Updater in Zuora:
- Select Settings > Payments > Setup Payment Method Updater.
- Select Merchant eSoltions as the Updater Type, then click add payment method updater.
- Enter the following basic configuration fields:
- Name: The name for your PMU configuration. For example, Merchant e-Solutions Updater or Merchant e-Solutions 001234 Updater.
- Presenter User Name: Presenter User Name is assigned by Merchant e-Solutions to specify the application sending batch updater requests.
- Password: This is the password that corresponds to the Business Center username that you specified.
- Merchant Id: This is the merchant ID provided by Merchant e-Solutions for your merchant account. If you have more than one merchant account, please clarify with Merchant e-Solutions which account to use for the Account Updater services.
- Version Id: Version Id is assigned by Merchant e-Solutions to specify the current version of Merchant e-Solutions Account Updater.
(Optional) Enter a value for Start Payment Method Updater service days prior to the Bill Cycle Day. The default value is set to 8 days prior to the Bill Cycle Day, and the Merchant e-Solutions Updater service will take about 2-7 days to process the credit card account information for updates. Zuora recommends you to enter a value between 7 and 10.
- If the Only update payment methods for customer accounts associated to this gateway/processor option is selected, only the credit cards for customer accounts that meet either of the following conditions are included in the updates. Disable this field to send all credit card information to Merchant e-Solutions.
- The default payment gateway of the customer account is set to Merchant e-Solutions (in the Billing and Payment Info section on the Customer Account page).
- The default payment gateway of the customer account is not configured, but the default payment gateway of the tenant is set to Merchant e-Solutions.
If the Only update the default payment method for AutoPay customer accounts setting is selected, only the default credit card payment methods for customer accounts with the AutoPay setting enabled are included in the updates. Clear this check box to submit data of all credit cards for all customer accounts, regardless of whether AutoPay is enabled for the customer account or not.
Click save account information.
After this PMU is set up, Zuora will start an automated process that searches for every billing account on the specified number of days prior to the Bill Cycle Day, and will collect all applicable credit card information and send it to Merchant e-Solutions for processing. Zuora will also check for updates to the credit card information.
Submit and Retrieve PMU Batches
For more information about how to manually create PMU batches, resubmit batches, and retrieve batch results, see Use Payment Method Updater.